Center for Disaster Research & Education
About the Center
The Center for Disaster Research and Education (CDRE) takes great pride in its association with a number of educational and research projects across the nation. The CDRE has been involved in a variety of community-based research projects including the development of disaster plans, state hazard mitigation planning, business community branding and education.
The Center's faculty and students conduct research on various issues related to disasters, mitigation and planning. The CDRE has been involved in research funded through the National Science Foundation, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and in collaboration with other academic research centers.
CDRE Mission Statement
Provide Multi-Disciplined Education, Research, & Internship Opportunities
- current students interested in the field of environmental hazards and emergency/disaster management
Contribute to the Education of the Next Generation
- disaster researchers, emergency managers, and knowledgeable community members
- behavioral and organizational response to disasters and terrorism, including the media
- risk and hazards assessment
Disseminate Research Findings
- previous & new research literature, in a language and format that is useful to the general public, mass media personnel, and emergency management personnel-as well as researchers
Contribute to the Communities within the Region and Nation
- pursuant to developing disaster resilient communities (FEMA)
8 High School Avenue
Millersville, PA 17551
Mon – Fri 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tel: (717) 871-7549
Fax: (717) 871-2429