Center for Disaster Research & Education
NEW 16-hour Business Continuity Course
The Millersville University Center for Disaster Research and Education in collaboration with the Disaster Recovery International (DRI) present two offerings of: Introduction to Business Continuity Planning Management. This is a 16-hour course designed to provide business professionals with a fundamental understanding of a business continuity management program and how it is implemented in the business environment. This 16-hour course will be offered in two formats. We will have a face-to-face offering at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg, PA and a fully online format. The registration deadline is February 20, 2013.
Provide Multi-Disciplined Education, Research, & Internship Opportunities
- current students interested in the field of environmental hazards and emergency/disaster management
Contribute to the Education of the Next Generation
- disaster researchers, emergency managers, and knowledgeable community members
- behavioral and organizational response to disasters and terrorism, including the media
- risk and hazards assessment
Disseminate Research Findings
- Previous & new research literature, in a language and format that is useful to the general public, mass media personnel, and emergency management personnel-as well as researchers
Contribute to the Communities within the Region and Nation
- pursuant to developing disaster resilient communities (FEMA)
Internships & Co-ops
Opportunities provided to give students hands on experience in the field.
8 High School Avenue
Mon.-Fri. 9a.m. – 5p.m.
Tel: (717) 872-3631
Fax: (717) 871-2429
The CDRE at Millersville University is a member of the Homeland Security Higher Education Consortium, Keystone Emergency Management Association, National Emergency Management Association, Emergency Management Higher Education Consortium and the International Association of Emergency Managers.