Millersville will close at 2:30 p.m. today due to the winter weather. That means any classes, both on campus and off campus, scheduled to begin at or later than 2:30 are cancelled. The complete policy is available at: Policy on Snow Delays/Cancellations. All Dining locations will remain open today with the following exceptions: Galley – Closing at 2 p.m., Cyber Café – Closing at 2:30 p.m. Ayako’s Blue Fish, scheduled for tonight on campus, will be rescheduled.
Female Authors Requirement
The female author component focuses attention on "works by female authors" (see NCTE Program Standards 220.127.116.11). To attain a "female author" designation, courses have a minimum of 1/3 of course content (as measured by time—that is, 5 weeks of a fall or spring semester) dedicated to the study of female authors.
Currently, the courses approved for this designation include:
- English 235 Early American Literature (as taught by Carla Rineer)
- English 337 Women Writers of the Middle Ages
- English 414 18th Century Novel (at taught by Dr. Beverly Schneller)
- English 425/625 Modern American Fiction (as taught by Dr. Alan Kelly)
- English 427/627 Modern American Poetry (as taught by Dr. Alan Kelly)
- English 429/629 Black Women Writers
- English 430 Contemporary American Ethnic Literature Since 1945 (as taught by Dr. Duckhee Shin)