Bachelor of Science in English Education Degree Program
The Bachelor of Science of Education program at Millersville strives for excellence from its students, who, upon completion of the program, are highly prepared and well situated for competitive teaching placements. The B.S.E. in English provides a broad foundational understanding in English studies while giving students opportunities to do advanced work from select areas in literature and writing. The course work is built into the curriculum of the School of Education to develop the English specialization along with teacher praxis. Since we expect excellence from our graduates, students in the B.S.E. program are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA. All of our English majors receive a well-rounded education with classes in writing, film studies, language, and journalism to prepare them for demanding careers as professionals.
- Film studies
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Comparative Literature
- Writing Studies
They may also participate in the pre-law program of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
B.S.E. Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have a minor as a B.S.E. student? You can, but it would take you more than 4 years to complete your degrees. Essentially, Education is your minor already with the BSE.
- Where will I get placed for student teaching?
- What types of classes are offered? See the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Can I double major? You can, but it would take you more than 4 years to complete your degrees.
- Why might I want a Major Option? You may want to apply for jobs where you teach in certain situations or specializations (the advisor to the paper, media studies, etc.)
- Are there any groups or clubs on campus for B.S.E. students? The English Club and The Film Club are connected to our department.
Registration Notes for B.S.E.s