Faculty Grants Committee
The Faculty grants Committee is responsible for evaluating applications from faculty for internal grant funding at Millersville University to support research, publications, travel to present, special academic activities, and released time.
The committee consists of ten faculty members, who read and individually rank each proposal. Proposals are scored on a 10 point scale and a trimmed mean is computed by eliminating each proposal's highest and lowest score. The committee allocates funding to proposals using a blind review of trimmed mean scores.
- Eleven (11) copies of each proposal must be submitted to the chair on or before the submission deadline. Please use double-sided copies whenever possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Proposals must be typewritten in standard English, avoiding professional jargon. They should be comprehensible to any member of the committee regardless of his or her discipline.
- It is permissible to apply one cycle in advance for activities (e.g., apply in the summer cycle for a fall activity). It is not permissible, however, to apply retroactively (e.g., you may not apply in the fall to fund activities that took place in the summer).
- All activities and/or presentations for the same conferences will be considered under only one academic application and category (e.g. Travel-to-Present or Special Academic Activities), so please use only one application.
- Organizational membership fees will not be paid through Faculty Grants monies. Please do not include such fees in registration requests.
- Temporary, full-time faculty and regular, part-time faculty are eligible to apply for all grant categories except Released-Time.
- Members of the Faculty Grants Committee are eligible to submit proposals for all grant categories but will not evaluate their own proposals or participate in discussions of their proposals.
- Final report forms must be submitted one year from date of award for recipients of research grants, publication grants, and released time grants. (Reports are not necessary for travel grants or special academic activities).
Submission Deadlines for Grant Cycles
- Fall Cycle: October 1
(Activities from Sept. 1 - Dec. 31)
- Spring Cycle: March 1
(Activities from Jan. 1 - May 31)
- Summer Cycle: June 1
(Activities from June 1 - Aug. 31)
Note: If the 1st falls on a weekend, the deadline is moved to the following Monday
Grants must be received by 4:00 pm on submission deadline. Requests for extensions will not be honored.
Contact the Chair
Dr. Ajoy Kumar
Location: Nichols House
Phone: (717) 871-2432
- Dr. Jane S. Bray
- Prof. Ben Cunningham
- Prof. Erin Dorney
- Dr. Leonora Foels
- Dr. Zhigang Han
- Dr. Persida Himmele
- Dr. Ajoy Kumar
- Dr. Sandra McPherson
- Dr. Julie Lombardi
- Dr. Gregory Seigworth