Below are the forms that must be completed to be accepted in the Multidisciplinary Studies major. Curriculum proposals must be developed in consultation with the Program Coordinator and other faculty advisors. Please download these forms and schedule an appointment with the Program Coordinator prior to completing these forms. (call: 717-872-3571)
Every proposal must be accompanied by a statement of purpose or rationale. The following points must be addressed in the statement:
1. Identify yourself and your current standing and status at the University (major, number of credit hours earned, expected graduation date, etc.)
2. Identify your personal career goals or professional pursuits
3. Identify and explain elements of the curriculum: why this MDST curriculum, what content areas are included?
4. Identify how the course of study relates to professional goals—be specific to courses included in the curriculum
5. If known, discuss the nature of the capstone experience (internship, research seminar, etc.)
Note: All components of the proposal must be typed on current and appropriate forms, and must be free of grammatical and spelling errors.