Before appealing your ticket, bear in mind the following points:
- When you became a student, or accepted a position with the university, you agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the University.
- University Traffic and Parking Regulations are part of the regulations you agreed to abide by.
- Regulations for vehicle registration are stated in the University Catalogs.
- You agreed to secure a copy of the regulations when you registered your vehicle.
- You are not guaranteed a space nearest your class, dormitory, or place of work, only the ability to locate a space on campus. It is up to you to find a legal parking space.
- Regulations apply all year long, in all weather, days, nights and weekends.
Explain your situation fully. The appeal is decided based on your written explanation. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified by mail.
- If the citation is excused, no further action is necessary on your part.
- If your appeal has been denied, the citation must be paid within 5 days of the mailing date.
- If more information is necessary or if you desire to speak with the Parking Administrator, please contact our office at (717) 872-3432 to schedule an appointment.
Unless your citation is excused, you must respond within 5 days from the mailing date of the appeal by paying the citation, making an appointment or filing final appeal with the Traffic Safety Committee. Otherwise, you lose all rights to further appeal. Appeal information may be obtained at the University Police Department.