Center for Sustainability
The mission of the The Center for Sustainability is to
- Educate the MU community about the three pillars of sustainability (environmental protection, economic justice, and social equality);
- Provide opportunities for MU to directly participate in sustainability initiatives on and off campus;
- Encourage student and faculty-led research and service on sustainability.
Our Projects on Campus
An organic vegetable garden located behind the Huntingdon House, across from the SMC.
A 30-day challenge designed for young adults/teens to think and learn about the impact of what we use and consume on the enviornment. Take the Project Green 30 Challenge for yourself!
MU partnered with students at Wheatland Middle School to cultivate a garden at the Lancaster Community Garden! Read Julia Dunn's blog to see what the experience has been like working with these students to teach them about gardening, sustainability, and the inner workings of the human brain!
The Native Plants in the Landscape Conference @ Millersville is held on the beautiful campus of Millersville University.
- Mentor students through urban gardening
- Take the Project Green Challenge
- Care for the Ville-age Garden
- Collect your trash for TerraCycle
- Serve on the TerraCycle Team
Contact the Director for more information.