Inspiring Millersville's Future!
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee (SPSC) will pursue a thorough self-examination of University’s mission, vision and goals, through a process that is transparent and inclusive. The outcome will be an updated mission, a new vision, a delineation and affirmation of our core values, as well as new goals for at least the next three years. The draft plan will be delivered to the Cabinet by March 2014 who will then seek endorsement of the final plan by the Council of Trustees in June 2014. University community feedback will be sought throughout the process.
For more information about the Strategic Planning Steering Committee, please contact
Strategic Planning Steering Committee members will seek input from the University community on the mission, vision, values, and goals of the plan. The Strategic Planning Steering Committee membership is composed of shared governance representatives as well as appointed and elected members. More information about the timeline, process outline, and planning language may be found HERE.
The latest version of the draft plan is available HERE. This draft adds core values, goal focus areas and prioritized strategies.
Share your insights through the following opportunities this Spring:
1) Open Forums:
- February 20, 9 to 10 am, McNairy Library, Garden Room (Room 117)
- February 21, 11 am to 12 pm, McNairy Library, Garden Room (Room 117)
- February 11, 2014, 5 to 6 pm, McNairy Library, Garden Room (Room 117)
- February 14, 2014, 3 to 4 pm, McNairy Library, Garden Room (Room 117)
2) Departmental Meetings- Encourage your department chair or manager to schedule time to discuss the latest version of the strategic plan as an agenda item
3) Steering Committee Member hosted feedback sessions: in your school or organizations (e.g., Student Senate, APSCUF, ASFCME, SCUPA, Foundation Board)
4) Online Feedback Form for Goals & Strategies
5) Online Feedback Form for Core Values
All input must be received in the Planning, Assessment & Analysis unit by Monday, February 23, 2014 at 8 am to be considered by the Strategic Planning Steering Committee.
Please find the link to meeting dates and notes here.
Since the mid-2000's, Millersville called upon the University Planning Council to coordinate its strategic planning needs. The University Planning Council (UPC) will be redesigned as part of this year’s Strategic Planning process. For more information about UPC, please access the link here. For more information about the Strategic Planning process, please contact Dr. Lisa Shibley, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Assessment and Planning.