Millersville University's baccalaureate degree programs have four common elements:
- Proficiency requirements in English composition and mathematics.
- The general education program, which constitutes about half of the curriculum (51 of the 120 minimum credits required for graduation).
- The major program, which usually constitutes most of the other half of the curriculum.
- Elective courses, if needed, to meet the minimum of 120 credits required for graduation. A few programs require more than 120 credits for graduation.
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA to graduate.