Virtual Seminar Series
Virtual Seminar Series are held during the Fall and Spring semesters. Experts from various universities and research centers present talks on their research and current activities. Archived versions of these seminars may be found at the bottom of the page.
September 13th 1:00pm; Joyce Moyer, CEM, MEP; Federal Emergency Manager for the Department of Defense; Common Response Issues: Coordination, Communication, and Collaboration
October 18th 1:00pm; Paul Benyeda, MSEM, CEM, MEP; Training Specialist for the Emergency Management Institute; Introduction to Nuclear Power Generating Stations
November 15th 1:00pm; Alyssa Pollock; Regional Disaster Program Officer for the American Red Cross; Emergency Management in South Africa
December 6th 1:00pm; Steve Goldstein; Emergency Response Meteorologist for the National Weather Service; Building a Weather Ready Nation: The Next Generation National Weather Service
* Please note: All dates/times are Eastern
To view previous Virtual Seminar speakers, click here.
To access these seminars please follow these instructions:
1. Log into D2L.
2. Click on the "MSEM EMGT Graduate Program" course.
3. On the MSEM EMGT Graduate Program homepage, click on "Virtual Seminar Series".
4. The link should take you directly to the "Virtual Seminar Series" classroom... if not, select the "Virtual Seminar Series" classroom.
5. Scroll down and select "save and join" to open Blackboard Collaborate.
*If you are not a student, faculty, or staff member of the CDRE MSEM program, please contact CDRE@Millersville.edu for further instructions for accessing these seminars.