Finals Rescheduled Again
Due to inclement weather forecast for this Saturday, 12/14, the make-up exams from Tuesday 12/10 will be rescheduled (yet again) as follows:
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 1 p.m. is now rescheduled to Friday, 12/13/2013 from 2:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- The exam period for classes that meet Tuesday-Thurs 4 p.m. is now rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Click here for additional details.
Dr. Roberta Jill Craven
Dr. Roberta Jill Craven
- Ph.D. Comparative Literature, UNC-Chapel Hill
- B.S. Mathematical Science/Computer Science, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Film Studies
- Critical Theory
- Narrative Studies
- Author: Faulkner
- Theorists: Foucault, Bakhtin, Arendt
- Directors: Polanski, Welles
- Chair, Humanities Film Series
- University Wide Advisement Council
- The Honors College
- The Faculty Senate Ad Hoc Honor Code Committee
Community & Club Connections
- The Millersville University Ciné Club Advisor
- The Millersville University English Club Advisor
- Humanities Film Festival, Chair
- Lititz Library Reel Talk For Everyone Series, Programming and Presentations
- York Capitol, Advisory Board
- Odyssey of the Mind, Regional Board, 2009 Tournament Director
Passions & Distractions
Skiing, my daughter Page
- English 110: English Composition
- English 240: Introduction to Film
- English 311: Advanced Composition
- English 347: Studies of Ethnicity in Cinema
- English 451/651: Literary Theory and Criticism
- English 481: History of Film
- English 482: Film and American Society
- English 483: Politics, Film, and Electronic Media
- English 484: Brave New Worlds: Exploring Technology through Film
- EDW 736: The Film Studies Workshop (for educators)
- "The Marx Brothers" and "Sidney Lumet." Encyclopedia of Jewish American Popular Culture. Ed. Jack Fischel with Susan Ortmann. Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press. Scheduled December, 2008.
- "Reading the Revolution and Writing the Wrongs: Exploring Roya Hakakian's Passion for Possibility." Rapportage: Literary Essays, Interviews, and Profiles: 50-54. Pennsylvania: Lancaster Literary Guild. January, 2006.
- "Unstitching Cultural Sutures: Medicine and Media." Quarterly Review of Film and Video 23(5): 440-443. Review Article. London, England: Taylor and Francis, 2006.
- "Ironic Empathy in Cronenberg's Crash: The Psychodynamics of Postmodern Displacement from a Tenuous Reality." Quarterly Review of Film and Video 17(3): 187-209. Harwood Academic Publishers, 2000.