Language And Culture Studies
Welcome, Bienvenido, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, ようこそ!
Our program in Language and Culture Studies is designed to help students acquire a high level of proficiency in a specific language and deep knowledge about the cultures related to the language. Students develop skills in linguistic, cultural, and literary analysis to be prepared for careers in a field where they can use their second language at a professional level. We offer the following language:
- Italian (elementary level)
- Japanese (elementary and intermediate levels)
We strongly encourage students to study abroad for one or two semesters during their junior year in:
- Chile: Valparaíso (full language immersion)
- France: Caen (full language immersion)
- France: Paris (partial language immersion)
- Germany: Marburg (full or partial language immersion)
- Japan: Osaka (partial language immersion)
- Spain: Burgos or Pamplona (full language immersion)
- or in another approved program abroad
Our teacher education programs in French, German, and Spanish are recognized for their excellence by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
Four-Year Academic Plans
For further information about the department programs and if you would like your name added to our mailing lists, contact the department secretary through any of the following means:
Language and Culture Studies Dept. Secretary
McComsey Hall 239
43 E Frederick Street
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
Phone: (717) 871-7156
Register for the Online Placement TestDo you need an override to register for a language class other than at the Elementary level (101)?
Registration is now open.
July 29 - August 4, 2018
Join us for a week-long language immersion camp, a week filled with unforgettable experiences and new friendships.
- Program Information