Final Exam Schedule
The last week of the semester, Tuesday, May 3, 2016 through Saturday, May 7, 2016 will be restructured into two-hour time blocks. The blocks must be used either for a final examination or a class meeting.
Generally, classes that meet after 5 p.m. will follow the regular class schedule. For example, a class that normally meets 6-9 p.m. on Tuesdays will take its final on Tuesday, May 3 at 6 p.m.
- Classes that normally meet on Monday evenings only will take finals on Friday, May 6. They will meet for regular class on Monday, May 2 and will meet for finals on Friday, May 6.
- Monday evening classes normally have their finals on Friday evening under this schedule. However, in the spring this will confict with the Graduate Commencement Ceremony. At the instructor's discretion, faculty teaching graduate courses meeting on Monday evening may arrange an alternative date for a final, not including the final night of class.
- Classes that normally meet on a MW or TR evening schedule (MW 5-6:15p.m., for example) will meet as usual (both nights) during finals week.
|USUAL CLASS PERIOD||WILL MEET ON THIS DAY FOR FINAL||AT THIS TIME FOR FINAL|
|MWF 7am||FRI MAY 6||2:45-4:45pm|
|MWF 8am||FRI MAY 6||2:45-4:45pm|
|MWF 9am||WED MAY 4||8-10am|
|MWF 10am||THU MAY 5||8-10am|
|MWF 11am||FRI MAY 6||8-10am|
|MWF 12nn||THU MAY 5||12:30-2:30pm|
|MWF 1pm||WED MAY 4||10:15am-12:15pm|
|MWF 2pm||THU MAY 5||10:15am-12:15pm|
|MWF 3pm||FRI MAY 6||10:15am-12:15pm|
|MWF 4pm||WED MAY 4||12:30-2:30pm|
|TR 8am||TUE MAY 3||2:45-4:45pm|
|TR 9:25am||WED MAY 4||2:45-4:45pm|
|TR 10:50am||TUE MAY 3||8-10am|
|TR 1:10pm||TUE MAY 3||12:30-2:30pm|
|TR 2:35pm||FRI MAY 6||12:30-2:30pm|
|TR 4pm||TUE MAY 3||10:15am-12:15pm|
|SA All||SAT MAY 7||1:30-3:30pm|
|NO FINALS||THU MAY 5||2:45-4:45pm|
|SAT MAY 7||8-10am|
|SAT MAY 7||10:15am-12:15pm|
* See below for classes that meet at non-standard times.
|Final Exam / Restructured Meeting Time||Mon, May 2||Tue, May 3||Wed, May 4||Thu, May 5||Fri, May 6||Sat, May 7|
|8-10 am||Last day of classes for Spring 2016 will follow regular Monday schedule.||TR 10:50 am||MWF 9 am||MWF 10 am||MWF 11 am||
|10:15-12:15 pm||TR 4 pm||MWF 1 pm||MWF 2 pm||MWF 3 pm||Commencement|
|12:30-2:30 pm||TR 1:10 pm||MWF 4 pm||MWF 12 pm||TR 2:35 pm||1:30 to 3:30 All Saturday Exams|
|2:45-4:45 pm||TR 8 am||TR 9:25 am||NO FINALS - Commencement Rehearsal||MWF 7/8 am|
|After 5 pm||Classes that meet after 5 pm will follow the regular evening class schedule.
Exceptions: See "Exceptions" above. Undergraduate classes that normally meet on Monday evenings only will take finals on Friday, May 6. They will meet for regular class on Monday, May 2 and will meet for finals on Friday, May 6. Classes that normally meet on a MW or TR evening schedule (MW 5-6:15 pm, for example) will meet as usual (both nights) during finals week.
Classes that meet MTWRF, MTRF, MTWF, MWRF, MF, WF, or any combination which has a meeting M, W, or F will follow the MWF periods.
Classes that meet other than those indicated above shall follow the class period in which the starting time falls; e.g., TR 10:00 falls within the TR 9:25 class period.
STUDIOS, LABS, etc. that meetfor 2 OR 3 hours will be rescheduled as follows:
- Monday Studios/Labs will follow the MWF class periods.
- Tuesday Studios/Labs will follow the TR class periods.
- Wednesday Studios/Labs will be determined by the second class period and will follow the MWF class periods.
- Thursday Studios/Labs will be determined by the second class period and will follow the TR class periods.
- Friday Studios/Labs will be determined by the second class period for two-hour labs and by the third class period for three-hour labs and will follow the MWF class periods.