Procedures for Ordering a Transcript
The confidentiality of and access to student academic records at Millersville University is administered under the provisions act of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended, commonly known as the "Buckley Amendment."
Principle among the FERPA provisions is that the release of a student's record must be authorized by signature of the student. (For additional detailed information concerning FERPA, see "Annual Notification of Student Rights Under FERPA").
You may request a free copy of your Millersville transcript (includes all graduate and undergraduate courses) in one of the following three ways:
1.You may mail your request to the Registrar's Office. For your convenience, a printable form (PDF) is available to use when requesting that your transcript be mailed. If you choose to prepare your own letter instead, please include the following information:
- Your current name and your name while attending Millersville
- MU ID number or your Social Security Number
- Dates of attendance
- Date of graduation
- Complete mailing address information for where you want your transcripts to be sent (please keep in mind that transcripts sent to you will be stamped "Issued to Student")
- Number of transcripts to be sent to each address
- Your daytime telephone number with area code
- Your signature (required)
Mail your letter or form to:
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
2.You may fax a written request including the information specified in Option 1.
Fax your letter or form to: (717) 872-3016
3.You may visit the Registrar's Office and complete a transcript request form.
- Your cooperation in providing all requested information and allowing for 3 to 5 business days to process your request is appreciated. Due to the volume of requests during the first and last weeks of the semester, processing time may be longer. We will make every effort to meet deadlines for receipt of transcripts.
- A limit of 5 transcripts will be mailed to the same address.
- Transcript pick-up is available on demand, Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- To pick up a transcript, you must show a valid photo identification card.
- Only 1 transcript may be requested for pick-up.
- We cannot fax your transcripts.
- If you have questions, contact the Transcript Office.