Become a 2016 J.A.M. Crew Member!
Dear Members of the Millersville Community,
I hope you all are having a great summer. With May coming to an end, we have begun looking forward to next fall and the new incoming students to Millersville. To help with making freshman move in day a success, we are looking for some energetic, helpful, and friendly volunteers who are serious about helping the new students feel welcomed to our school. In other words, we'd like for you to join THE J.A.M CREW!
J.A.M Crew members are volunteers who are willing to offer assistance to incoming first year and transfer students by helping move their belongings into their rooms and providing answers to questions they may have.
The following expectations and responsibilities of members of the J.A.M. Crew are :
- If residing on campus, you may check in to your residence hall on Wednesday, August 24, 2015. Check in times are from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- A Continental breakfast will be provided at the training session on August 25. Lunch will also be available at the residence hall you are helping on Thursday, August 25. No other meals will be provided. Meal plans will start on Saturday, August 27.
- Attend a short training session on Thursday, August 25 at 7 am in the Robert L. Slabinski Atrium in the Student Memorial Center
- Help people move in throughout Hall Opening – August 25, 2016. This would include unloading and carrying boxes, help recycle, give directions, and give tours. You may be assigned to work in a different residence hall than the one you will be residing in for the fall.
- Have a GREAT TIME! This is your opportunity to make a positive, lasting impression on our new students!
If you are interested in accepting these responsibilities, please have each member of your organization complete the application at this link :
The application will be open until July 15, 2016. Thank you all and if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing & Residential Programs
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Phone: (717) 871-4200
Fax: (717) 871-7965