Benefits and Services
The Millersville University Alumni Association is pleased to offer a variety of services and benefits designed to assist MU Alumni personally and professionally. Click each link to learn more!
PSECU - Credit Union
Liberty Mutual - Insurance
The Alumni Association has an affinity relationship with PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union), which was established 80 years ago. PSECU is one of the largest credit unions in PA, serving more than 400,000 members, and has over $4.2 billion in assets. Unlike banks, PSECU is member-owned, and it exists to serve their members (not stockholders). Check out their competitive rates, low/no fees, convenience, and great service. They provide superior financial products, online tools, and top-notch service. All MU alumni are eligible for membership. Services include checking and savings accounts, certificates, IRA's, loans (vehicle, personal, equity), mortgages, and more.Click HERE for more information.
SPECIAL OFFER ON AUTO AND HOME INSURANCE
As a Millersville University alumnus, you could receive exclusive savings on Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance.* We offer personalized coverage, Multi-Car and Multi-Policy Discounts, 24-Hour Claims Assistance and more. Liberty Mutual is trusted countrywide for quality coverage and exceptional service. Click here for a free quote. If you live in Pennsylvania, call Anita Carlevale '87 at 800-449-2209 x52953. Elsewhere, call 800-835-0894.
* Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. Certain discounts apply to specific coverages only. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may quality. Please consult a Liberty Mutual sales representative for additional information.
GradMed is a short term, comprehensive major medical plan. It is ideal for alumni between jobs, new graduates, and people in transition. Millersville University alumni can benefit from:
- GradMed – short-term major medical insurance
- Coverage periods of 30-180 days
- Online application for next-day coverage
- Comprehensive protection, paying benefits for hospitalization, outpatient services, surgery and doctor bills (pre-existing conditions excluded).
- AlumniMed+ – renewable major medical insurance plan
- AlumniDent – dental insurance plan
- Alumni Disability Income Plan – long-term disability income insurance plan
- SupliMed65+ – Medical supplement insurance plan
- AlumniHIP – Hospital indemnity insurance
- AlumniPetHealth – accident and illness protection for cats and dogs
- CustomTravel – travel insurance for group alumni travelers
- AlumniAbroad – travel health insurance plan
- TravelAssist – Emergency travel assistance
- AlumniTerm – group term life insurance
- AlumniTerm 10/20 – level 10- and 20-year group term life insurance
- AlumniTerm 50+ – group term life insurance
- Alumni AD&D – group accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Alumni ID Recovery – identification theft recovery assistance program
- AlumniAnnuity – alumni retirement income plan
Click HERE for more information.
Realizing that hearing loss is a full-time problem, the Alumni Association has partnered with Advanced Tech Hearing Aid Centers (ATHAC). At Advanced Tech all of their specialists are nationally board certified in hearing instrument sciences; there is also a doctor of audiology on staff every day. Stop in today and see the difference professionals who care can make for your hearing! Advanced Tech is proud to offer special pricing and warranties to Millersville Alumni. Their list of services is too lengthy to print, so call or stop in at one of their locations in Lancaster, New Holland, and Lewisburg. Call 717-560-5023 to schedule your no-obligation appointment. Click HERE for more information.
For alumni living in Lancaster County (PA) and looking for a new car, here's your chance! Chapman Ford offers special discounts on automobiles for Millersville University alumni.
As a Millersville University alumnus(a), you qualify for a special discount on long-term health care insurance. Benefits are also extended to your spouse as well as your extended family, including parents, in-laws, grandparents, aunts/uncles, brothers/sisters. Click HERE for more information.
Your symbol of achievement deserves to be protected and displayed with a custom diploma frame from Diploma Display. This frame allows your diploma to be slipped right in through the back of the frame--no tools or hassles. Each frame features elegant hardwood molding and museum-quality matting, with a hand-embossed Millersville University seal in gold leaf or an official photograph of Biemesderfer Center for a special touch. For more information on orders: 800-422-4100. Click HERE for more information.
A liberal arts education is taking people further than ever in the twenty-first century. Millersville University has been ranked as one of the best regional public universities by U.S. News & World Report in recent years. FYI: There are more than 200 legacy students who attend Millersville annually. For more information, contact the Admissions office at 800-MU-ADMIT or visit the Admissions website.
- Experiential Learning and Career Management - Through the ELCM office you can utilize career placement services, attend job fairs, or simply find some guidance in your job search.
- Candid Career Videos - The Office of Alumni Engagement in conjunction with Experiential Learning and Career Management worked with CandidCareer.com to highlight Millersville University alumni sharing their professional experience, and how their education at Millersville prepared them for their career.
- Alumni Career Services - Alumni Career Services offers a virtual career center in which alumni can access information they need to build a successful career, including: career coaching, lifestyle coaching, career courses and webinars.
As a faithful alumna/us, dining services are available for your next special event. Amenities include facilities accommodating up to 275 guests, constant communication, professional event planning, custom menu choices and flexible room set up and design. Visit the Catering & Conference Services website for more information.
For a small fee, alumni living within Millersville Borough can have access to McNairy Library, whether for checking out books or for doing research. The library has hundreds of thousands of books, articles, periodicals and archives available to meet your request. Visit the Library website for more information.
Was one of your favorite pastimes at Millersville working out at the fitness center? You're in luck! As a member of the Millersville University Alumni Association, you have access to the fitness center for an affordable annual fee. Student Memorial Center renovations are complete and include a beautiful, new and larger fitness facility. (The Pucillo Gymnasium and pools at Pucillo and Brooks are not available to alumni). For more information on membership, visit the Fitness Center website.
During certain times throughout the year, such as Homecoming, the University Store has special sales and discounts just for alumni. Visit the University Store website to view the online catalog and the deal of the week.
What better way to show your pride than to have a Millersville University license plate! These custom designed plates feature the Marauder Spirit Mark. Click here to download a pdf of the application or contact the Office of Alumni Engagement for more information and to have an application mailed to your home.
*Please note: If you would like to personalize your plate, a separate check for $100 made out to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will also need to be included with the application. Vehicle registration must be current in order for the application to be processed.
The Millersville University Destinations Travel Program is open to alumni, faculty/staff, retirees and community friends. Over the past few decades, we have offered a wide variety of tours to destinations around the globe. Our trips provide a wonderful travel experience with like-minded intellectually and/or curious travelers that often will enhance lifelong education. We invite you to join us as we celebrate the University’s traditions and values through our travel program. For more information, please contact our travel partners, Cruisin’/Main Line Vacations @ 1-800-506-7447 or visit us online: www.mainlinevacations.com/millersvilleuniversity.