NEW: PAPA Practice Tests!
PAPA Full Length Computer-Based Practice Test Is Now Available
Pearson has released a new full-length computer based PAPA practice test for each of the three modules. The practice tests contain the same type and number of questions as can be found on an actual test, as well as any applicable reference materials (e.g., math formulas page). These practice tests contain test directions similar to what candidates will see on the day of the test. The fee based Pre-service Academic Performance Assessment practice test will continue to be available on the Pearson website. You can access the new test at
Do you want your Certification?
Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) has implemented the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) to collect and manage data related to professional educators.
TIMS may be accessed at: http://www.pa-tims.com/
IMPORTANT: ALL certification applicants will need to complete their TIMS application online as well as the online "Request for Millersville University to Verify Completion of Certification Program"
For help with the certification process, click on the GOLD KEY to the left that says "Get Certified in PA" or click HERE for the Certification Applicants Checklist.
Need help navigating the TIMS application portal? Click on our Screenshot guide to Navigating TIMS. I hope you will find it helpful!
Contact the Certification office with your questions and concerns - we are happy to assist you through this new process!
Welcome to Teacher Certification
- Do you want to become a teacher?
(If you don't already have a bachelor's degree, contact the Admissions Office.)
- Do you have a bachelor's degree & now want to be certified to teach?
- Do you want to add another area of certification to your present certificate?
- Do you need to know which tests are required for certification?
- Are you finished with your BSE or certification program and need to apply for your certificate?
- Are you ready to apply for your Level II certification?
- How do you keep your certificate active?
- Do you need a copy of your certificate?