Welcome to the Department of Chemistry at Millersville University. Our American Chemical Society approved programs of study offer students the opportunity for a basic and comprehensive study in the field of chemistry.
Students benefit from a common core of courses that provide basic theory and skills vital for all degree programs leading to the bachelor’s degree in chemistry. The recommended course sequence during the first year is identical for all programs and differs only slightly through the junior year; thus any change in career emphasis in chemistry need not delay graduation.
All chemistry lectures, recitations and laboratories are taught by eleven experienced faculty, all of whom hold Ph.D. degrees. Chemistry majors are each assigned an advisor within the department who advises them on course work, research projects, graduate school selection and careers. The department's well-equipped laboratories give our students ‘hands-on’ training in the application and use of our equipment.
CHEM 111 - Chemistry Placement Test
- Students needing to register for Introductory Chemistry I (CHEM 111) have to meet both of the following requirements:
- Chemistry Placement Test (CPT) to place in CHEM 111 (a grade of C- or higher in CHEM 110 will waive that requirement)
- Math Placement Test (MPT) of MATH 160 or higher (a grade of C- or higher in MATH 101 will waive that requirement)
- The Chemistry Department will administer the CPT on the following dates during Spring 2015:
Test dates: March 18, 25 and April 1, 8, 15 and 22 - For all test dates the test will be given from 4-5 pm
Location for all test dates: Roddy 153
- A study guide and a sample exam will be posted on the chemistry website soon (TBA)
If you would like to visit the Millersville University Chemistry Department, please contact us at (717)872-3411, and we will arrange to give you a tour of our facilities and labs.