MU Closed Wednesday
With the forecast of “a wintry mix changing to snow,” Millersville University has decided to close the campus for Wednesday, November 26. It is important to note that ALL classes will be held, as scheduled, the remainder of today and tonight. Only essential personnel are to report on Wednesday.
Have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Construction Procurements are bid and awarded REQUIREMENTS in compliance with the rules and regulations established by Act 57 of 1998, the Commonwealth Procurement Code and its amendments.
- All projects in excess of $18,500.00 must be publicly advertised, competitively bid and awarded to the lowest, responsive and responsible bidder.
- The Contract Specialist is responsible for determining the method of source selection and public notice to be given for each procurement to ensure competition and the best price for the University.
- Multiple awards for separate prime contractors (as per the Separations Act for Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical Construction) are required for projects greater than $25,000.00.
- Procurements under $18,500.00 do not require competitive bidding.
- Solicitation of quotes/bids is encouraged for all procurements over $10,000. Discretion may be exercised by the Contract Specialist with regard to the need for quotations/bids.
- Procurements of more than $10,000.00 but less than $18,500.00 require a minimum of two or three quotations before authorization may be granted.