Online Teaching Endorsement Program
Millersville University is pleased to announce the launch of a new graduate program in Online Teaching. This program is among the first in the state approved to deliver the PDE endorsement in Online Teaching and consists of twelve (12) graduate credits offered by the Educational Foundations department in a fully online format. Faculty members for this program are among state and national leaders in online pedagogy and instruction, and are also affiliated with Millersville’s graduate degree programs in Leadership for Teaching and Learning, Special Education and other education degrees.
- Accelerated 8 week courses—100% online
- Credits earned are eligible to count toward meeting ACT 48 requirements.
- Coursework linked to practice through field experiences
- Connected to PDE and iNACOL standards for online teaching
- Builds on more than 50 years of experience of teacher professional development at the graduate level
- Affordable tuition rates
Who this program is for:
- Fully online teaching faculty in K-12 education
(*This program will NOT lead to an initial teaching certification)
- Regular classroom teachers that are already using flipped and hybrid instruction
- Curriculum supervisors and designers
- Current and prospective teachers seeking an edge in the job search
- Educational administrators and leaders
- Community college faculty in online and hybrid programs
The four courses for the Online Teaching Endorsement program are:
- ACTE 630: Current Technology for Online Instruction (Spring 2017 A & Summer I)
- ACTE 632: Online Learning Environments
- ACTE 633: Responding to Individual Learners (Spring 2017 B)
- ACTE 634: Legal and Ethical Issues in Online Education (Summer II)
*Fall A and B indicate the first and second halves of the semester, respectively.