Procedures for Ordering a Transcript
There is a $5 fee per transcript ordered. The fee may be paid with check or money order (payable to Millersville University), by mail or in person. Fax requests will no longer be able to be processed. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity.
The confidentiality of and access to student academic records at Millersville University is administered under the provisions act of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended, commonly known as the "Buckley Amendment."
Principle among the FERPA provisions is that the release of a student's record must be authorized by signature of the student. (For additional detailed information concerning FERPA, see "Annual Notification of Student Rights Under FERPA").
You may request a copy of your Millersville transcript (includes all graduate and undergraduate courses) in one of the following ways:
1.You may mail your request to the Registrar's Office. For your convenience, a printable form (PDF) is available to use when requesting that your transcript be mailed. If you choose to prepare your own letter instead, please include the information below. All written requests via form or letter must be accompanied by payment (check or money order made payable to Millersville University).
- Your current name and your name while attending Millersville
- MU ID number or your Social Security Number
- Dates of attendance
- Date of graduation
- Complete mailing address information for where you want your transcripts to be sent (Transcripts sent to you will be stamped "Issued to Student")
- Number of transcripts to be sent to each address
- If the transcript is being sent to you, you must specify if it is needed in a signed and sealed envelope.
- Your daytime telephone number with area code
- Your signature (required)
- Payment of $5 per transcript by check or money order made payable to Millersville University (no cash).
Mail your letter or form to:
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
2. In person at the Registrar's Office, Lyle Hall. Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity.
- On demand transcripts are also available at a cost of $5 per transcript, payable by check or money order to Millersville University.
- Your cooperation in providing all requested information and allowing for 3 to 5 business days to process your request is appreciated. Due to the volume of requests during the first and last weeks of the semester, processing time may be longer. We will make every effort to meet deadlines for receipt of transcripts.
- To pick up a transcript, you must show a valid photo identification card.
- To drop off a transcript request, you must show a valid photo identification card. Requests can only be accepted from the student whose record is being requested.
- We cannot fax your transcripts.
- If you have questions, contact the Transcript Office.