Center for Counseling & Human Development
The mission of the Center for Counseling and Human Development is to provide a supportive environment to meet the mental health needs of a diverse student body.
Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS)
The Center for Counseling and Human Development is a part of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Alcohol & Other Drugs
-Click here to take your personlized ALCOHOL SURVEY!
-To determine your relationship with weed, click here to take the Marijuana e-CHECKUP!
The Center for Counseling and Human Development is excited to launch our new Lightbox Therapy Program for the Spring 2016 and Fall 2016 semester. Lightbox Therapy can be a successful treatment for seasonal affective disorder. Seasonal affective disorder is quite common during winter, especially if you are not receiving adequate exposure to sunlight. The lightboxes used in the sessions mimic outdoor light, which can create a chemical change in the brain and lift your mood.
If you are noticing an increase in depressed symptoms this winter, you may be a great candidate for this program. If you have any questions or are interested in Lightbox Therapy please contact Dr. Lisa House at the Center for Counseling and Human Development at 717-871-7821.
For help with a mental health crisis or emergency after Counseling Center hours, please call:
- MU Police at 911
- Crisis Intervention (Lancaster) at 394-2631
- Crisis Text Line- Free, 24/7, confidential text to trained counselors; text "GO" to 741741
- Dealing with Election Stress
- Light Box Therapy
- Suicide Awareness
- Family Dynamics Support Group
- Navigating the transition back to school
- Spring 2017 Pet Therapy Dates
- Successful Strategies for Test Anxiety
- Are you or someone you care about battling an eating disorder? You are not alone.
- Emotional Support Animals (ESA)