Center for Counseling & Human Development
Our primary purpose is to help students make the most of their college experiences. This is accomplished by providing individual and group counseling for students for a variety of concerns, such as depression, anxiety, family issues, relationship and other problems. We also assist faculty and administrators by providing consultation and training for mental health concerns.
The Counseling Center is a Safe Zone for LGBTQIAA students.
The mission of the Center for Counseling and Human Development is to provide a supportive environment to meet the mental health needs of a diverse student body.
Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS)
The Center for Counseling and Human Development is a part of the Division of Student Affairs.
For help with a mental health crisis or emergency after Counseling Center hours, please call:
- MU Police at 911
- Crisis Intervention (Lancaster) at 394-2631
- Millersville University & YWCA of Lancaster come together to bring sexual assault counseling to campus.
- Lightbox Therapy
- Winter Blues
- The Counseling Center follows the University schedule for snow delays and closures. Therefore, the Center will be closed when the University is closed. You may leave a confidential voice mail at 872-3122, and your call will be returned the next business day. If you have an emergency situation, please call 911.
- Family Dynamics Support Group
- Pet Therapy for the Spring Semester