Millersville University Health Services is dedicated to ensuring a healthy living and studying environment at Millersville University. Academic success and personal growth can only be enhanced through a healthy campus community. Health Services is committed to services that promote health lifestyle choices, preventative medicine, and health education.
If you think you may need assistance from Learning Services click here
An appointment can be scheduled by calling 717-872-3250:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: closed
Hours during Breaks, Summer, and Winter Sessions may vary.
Summer/Break Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: closed
Must call for an appointment - times may vary
Health Services provides care for registered Millersville University students. Health Services requires the following in order to meet the Pennsylvania state immunization requirements for admission and matriculation as a MU student:
Health Evaluation forms -
- a physical examination within the past 12 months of admission for all freshman students and within 36 months of admission for all transfer and graduate students;
- a Tuberculosis screening;
- a record of your medical history; and,
- a record of yout current immunization history.
This information is to be documented on the Health Services Health Evaluation Form.
Recognizing that Millersville University Health Services is one component of the Millersville Student Affairs Division, our mission is...
- To provide high quality, holistic health services to Millersville Univeristy students and the campus community.
- To continue to assess determinants of health and current health trends in order to provide the most appropriate, relevant, cost-effective health care in a campus clinical setting.
- To promote disease prevention, healthy lifestyle choices, and reduction of risk-taking behavior.
- To demonstrate culturally competent care for this diverse population we serve, recognizing that every individual defines "quality of life" by their own unique culture and value system.
Millersville University Health Services is Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant. Everything that transpires in the Health Services is held in strictest confidence. Records will not be released (not even to parents) without the student's permission, except for continuation of care with another medical facility, in a life or death situation or under court order.
You have the right to...
- Respectful, considerate, compassionate care regardless of age, gender, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Appropriate privacy.
- Confidentiality of your medical records. Only with your your permission and/or by order of the court will your medical information be released.
- Care in a safe environment free from all forms of abuse, neglect, or harassment.
- Be informed about your health care practitioner's credentials and training.
- Be called by your proper name and to be told the names of physician, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other health care team members involved in your care.
- Participate in decisions about your care.
- Receive information about your diagnosis, evaluation, benefits and risks of treatment, expected outcome of treatment.
- Know Availability and Fee for Service.
- Accept or Decline Treatment.
- Bring any concerns you have to the attention of the Medical Director of Health Services.
You have the responsibility to...
- Be Honest about your Medical History. Provide complete and accurate information including your proper name and date of birth, present condition, past illnesses, hospitalizations, current medications, and any other matters pertaining to your health.
- Ask question if you do not understand information or instructions. If you believe you cannot follow through with your treatment plan, you are responsible for telling your practitioner.
- Be involved with your plan of care and agree to follow plan of care.
- Treat Health Services staff with respect and consideration.
- Contact Health Services if condition worsens.
- Keep appointments and be on time for appointments.
- Bring suggestions and/concerns to the attention of the Health Services staff.
Millersville University does not require a student to carry current health insurance; however, all are advised to have coverage (see Affordable Care Act). In the event that you are in need of coverage, Consolidated Health Plans offers affordable coverage to students.
For information on Student Health Insurance with Consolidated Health Plans (CHP) see their web site at www.chpstudent.com or call 1-800-633-7867.