Services at the Counseling Center
Introduction to counseling at Millersville:
- Our counselors use a brief therapy model, and students may receive up to five counseling sessions a semester.
- Students seeking long term counseling or specialized treatment may be referred to resources in the community.
- Currently enrolled students are eligible for counseling services.
*Counseling services are confidential, meaning we will not release information without the student's written permission. Exceptions include danger to self or others, or court orders issued by a judge.*
What can the Center offer me?
- Counseling for issues including, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, family problems, grief, homesickness, interpersonal problems, lack of motivation, stress, poor study skills, and test anxiety.
- Crisis intervention for students concerned with their own or another's safety and well-being.
- Adjunct resources such as bibliotherapy, light box therapy, and pet therapy.
- Alcohol and other drug counseling for students who are concerned about their substance use.
- Consultation for students, family, faculty and staff who are concerned about the mental health of a student.
- Outreach activities to educate and support students.
- Support groups can include a coping skills group, a peer support group, and/or a substances and relationships group.
- Lightbox Therapy during the winter months (October-March)
*Emergencies that occur after hours should be referred to University Police at 911 or Crisis Intervention at 717-394-2631.*
3rd Floor Lyle hall
Hours of Operation
- Mon., Tues., Thur., Fri. from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wed. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Any changes to regularly scheduled hours will be posted in the Counseling Center.
- Emergency: 911
To make an appointment-
Call us at 717-871-7821. If your call is not answered, please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message.
We will call you back at soon as possible.
To cancel an appointment-
Call us at 717-871-7821. We ask that you give us as much notice as possible, so we can use that time for another student.