Center For Counseling & Human Development
The Center for Counseling and Human Development is committed to providing quality mental health care to a diverse student body. The Center supports the academic mission of the University by enhancing students' emotional, social, and personal development. Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS), the Center seeks to engage students in counseling, consultation, and outreach to realize their potential and persist to graduation.
- Taking care of your mental health is important, especially in the midst of your college studies. Watch this video to learn more about college students and mental health:
- Concerned about your alcohol or weed use? Click here to take your personalized ALCOHOL SURVEY!
- To determine your relationship with weed, click here to take the Marijuana e-CHECKUP!
- Is winter is hard on you? If you have seasonal affective depression or winter blues, contact Dr. Lisa House at 717-871-7821 to discuss participating in Light Box Therapy.
- Stressed out? If you enjoy interacting with dogs, attend one or more of our pet therapy visits! Check our instagram page @thevillecounselingcenter for pet therapy updates!
We also offer therapy groups and other helpful services. Please visit Counseling Services to learn what we can offer you, explore Helpful Links and our Self-help Library for useful information, review Students Helping Students to learn how to help a friend, and visit Meet the Faculty and Staff to learn more about us. We look forward to meeting you!
The Center for Counseling and Human Development is a part of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Hours of operation:
•Mon., Tues., Thur., Fri. from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
•Wed. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
•If you are in crisis, contact us by phone 717-871-7821 or walk in to the Counseling
For help with a mental health crisis or emergency after Counseling Center hours, please call:
- MU Police at 911
- Crisis Intervention (Lancaster) at 717-394-2631
- Crisis Text Line- Free, 24/7, confidential text to trained counselors; text "hello" to 741741