Center For Health Education And Promotion
*UPDATE ON OFFICE ACTIVITY*
The CHEP office will be open for business and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org starting March 30th until the end of the spring semester. Please refer to our Staff tab and Contact Us information at the bottom of the page should you have any questions about remote activity and assistance for the remainder of the semester. All details regarding the online engagement of our programs and staff agency will be answered through email correspondence at this time.
For any further updates regarding the University's response to the coronavirus pandemic, please visit Millersville's official coronavirus webpage.
Dimensions Of Wellness
Achieving Optimal Wellness during less optimal times. It is important to achieve optimal wellness in order to subdue stress, reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions. Understanding the 8 dimensions of wellness will lead you into the right direction of improving your well-being.
Keeping Marauders Safe By Properly Wearing The Mask
Millersville University’s top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our campus and Lancaster community. Proper wear of the mask is vital in protecting against and limiting the spread of COVID-19.
Request a Peer Education Program
To request a peer education program, please complete the online request form by clicking on the yellow box (request a program) below.
When requesting a program:
- Please provide us with a minimum of 2 weeks notice.
- We do not present programs on Wednesday evenings between 9pm and 10:30pm due to staff meetings.
- After requesting a program, expect to receive an email response (from Center for Health Education and Promotion) within 3 business days (with the exception of holidays and breaks) indicating that your request was received.
- You will receive a program confirmation via email within a business week (with the exception of holidays and breaks) after requesting the program unless noted otherwise by the student manager.
- Please respond to the email confirmation within 3 days indicating that everything is set for the program.
- Report an Incident of Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Violence Resources
Free Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence/Dating Violence Advocacy Services
The YWCA has a sexual assault advocate on campus every Monday from 10am-6pm in the Cumberland House. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail WeHearYou@ywcalancaster.org to schedule an appointment.
Domestic Violence Services has an advocate on campus every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4pm in the Cumberland House. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail MUAdvocate@caplanc.org to schedule an appointment.
CHEP is a member of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at MU
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management: www.millersville.edu/studentaffairs