Center For Health Education And Promotion
The Elsie S. Shenk Center for Health Education and Promotion provides lifestyle education programs, hosts awareness events and information tables, and provides educational resources to students on a wide collection of topics including: alcohol and other drugs, body image, dating violence, domestic violence, healthy relationships, safer sex, sexual assault, stalking, and stress. Students are trained as peer educators to reach out to the campus community and provide individuals with important information on the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle, resources and services available at Millersville University, and how to safely make the most out of their college experience.
The Center for Health Education and Promotion contributes to fulfilling the educational mission of Millersville University through empowering students to make informed decisions and develop life-long skills that enhance their personal well being. The Center contributes to increasing the academic success, productivity and retention of students through providing current and relevant information about high risk behaviors; raising awareness about personal decision making and the impact decisions have on an individual and their community; and engaging students in meaningful opportunities to create a healthy community in which all students can achieve their personal and academic goals.
Purple Carnival is a fun and interactive way to spread the message of domestic violence during the month of October!
It's On Us Week of Action
Join us on October 21st for the kickoff of the It's On Us week of action to end sexual assault on college campuses!
Request a Peer Education Program
To request a peer education program, please complete the online request form by clicking on the yellow box (request a program) below.
When requesting a program:
- Please provide us with a minimum of 2 weeks notice.
- We do not present programs on Wednesday evenings between 9pm and 10:30pm due to staff meetings.
- After requesting a program, expect to receive an email response (from Center for Health Education and Promotion) within 3 business days (with the exception of holidays and breaks) indicating that your request was received.
- You will receive a program confirmation via email within a business week (with the exception of holidays and breaks) after requesting the program unless noted otherwise by the student manager.
- Please respond to the email confirmation within 3 days indicating that everything is set for the program.
- Report an Incident of Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Violence Resources
Free Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence/Dating Violence Advocacy Services
The YWCA has a sexual assault advocate on campus every Monday from 10am-6pm in the Montour House. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Domestic Violence Services has an advocate on campus every Tuesday afternoon from 1-4pm in the Montour House. Students can call 717-871-4141 or e-mail MUAdvocate@caplanc.org to schedule an appointment.
CHEP is a member of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at MU
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management: www.millersville.edu/studentaffairs