Task Force - Alcohol And Other Drugs
The Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Task Force has been constructed to review policies, procedures, and practices regarding the awareness of alcohol and other drugs in the Millersville University community. The Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989 (DFSCA) requires institutions of higher education (IHE) that receive any form of Federal funding to develop a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) to be distributed annually. In addition to the DAAPP, IHE must complete a biennial review of the DAAPP.
The AOD Task Force will brainstorm new ideas for alcohol and other drug abuse education, prevention, and response (both on and off campus) as it effects the health, safety, and success of our students and the community. Additionally, the AOD Task Force will support Millersville University’s compliance with the DFSCA and the corresponding components of the legislation.
- Review the DAAPP and ensure it encompasses all resources of Millersville University.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the DAAPP and compliance with the DFSCA.
- Evaluate the biennial review and ensure it is an evaluation of the Millersville University DAAPP.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the biennial review and compliance with the DFSCA.
- Review benchmarking data from IHE and professional organizations regarding best practices for alcohol and other drug awareness.
Date Time Location Agenda Monday,
Zoom Introductions, Task force overview and direction, Narcan updates, Narcan Presentation from Blueprints Recovery Wednesday, November 8 9-10am
Zoom TBD February 1 hour TBD TBD May 1 hour TBD TBD
- Ensure that the Millersville University DAAPP is distributed to the campus community on an annual basis.
- Ensure that the Millersville University biennial review is conducted every other year.
- Recommend changes in practices, policies, or procedures based on benchmarking data from the field and internal institutional data.
- Institutionalizing Narcan accessibility, trainings, and distribution.
- Educate campus community on harmful impacts of cannabis and medical marijuana policies and law.
- Establish and promote treatment and intervention.
- Chair, Margo Thorwart - Center for Health Education and Promotion
- Member, Dr. Ron Wiafe - Student Affairs
- Member, Lauren Blevins - Health Services
- Member, Paul Hill - Environmental Health and Safety
- Member, Chief Anders - MUPD
- Member, Officer Traci Starry - MUPD
- Member, Officer Alison Learn - MUPD
- Member, Sgt. Julie Brennan - MUPD
- Member, Melissa Wardwell - University College, Career Center
- Member, Rita Miller - University College, Success Coaching
- Member, Dr. Julie Lombardi - Faculty
- Member, Wendy Bowersox - HR
- Member, Lori Austin - Student Conduct
- Member, Aly Sehl - Student Conduct
- Member, Steve Knepp- Housing
- Member, Larry Earnesty - Athletics
- Member, Dan O’Neil - Counseling Center
- Member, Eric Kennel - Compass Mark
- Member, Chris Dreisbach - CEO Blueprints For Addition Recovery
- Member, Becca Moyer - Blueprints For Addition Recovery
- Member, Eric Snyder - Blueprints For Addition Recovery
- Member, Judge Joshua Keller - Magisterial District Judge
- Member, Liz Grubb - Mental Health America Lancaster
- Member, Kim McDevitt - Mental Health America Lancaster
- Member, Chief Jeff Margevich - Millersville Borough Police Department
- Member, Heather Adams - District Attorney
- Member, Chief Colin Cleary - Manor Township Police
- Member, Designee – IT (if anyone is interested, email email@example.com)