Family/Individual Across The Lifespan Nurse Practitioner
About the Program
The M.S.N./Nurse Educator and post-master's Nurse Educator Certificate programs have "rolling" admission (on-going admission) and no application deadline. The M.S.N./Family/Individual Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner program has two firm application deadlines; February 15 with fall term admission, and a September 15 with spring term admission. Explore this web site for the necessary information to pursue that goal. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Applicants for the Master of Science in Nursing program are referred to the Millersville University Graduate Catalog for general criteria and guidelines to the university.
Nursing Department Criteria
Please Note: Applications that do not include the following data and information may be considered incomplete which may affect the status of the application.
Specific criteria required by the Nursing Department include:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing (ACEN or CCNE).
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. When GPA is below this, provisional acceptance may be considered if the candidate demonstrates graduate study potential by other means.
- Satisfactory completion of an undergraduate statistics course (equivalent to Math 130) and a research course in nursing.
- Computer literacy and access to a computer and Internet service.
- Three current academic and/or professional references.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania or in the state where clinical practice or internship is to be arranged.
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience in nursing.
- Current resume including one clinical experience.
- Successful completion of a personal interview with the Nursing Admissions Committee.
Please provide the additional documents listed below with your completed application:
- Current resume or C.V.: Please include all clinical experience to date.
- State where Professional Licensure is currently held: Please include RN number as well as expiration date. May send a copy of your license.
- Please verify completion of the following: Year, Institution, and Name of Course.
- Undergraduate or graduate Statistics course.
- Undergraduate or graduate Research course in Nursing.
- Undergraduate or graduate Physical Assessment course
Click here to view the Graduate Catalog
Click here to view the MSN course descriptions
|Course Number||Course Title||Student Credits||Theory Hours||Total Theory Hours||Clinical Hours Per Week||Total Clinical Hours|
|N 501||Role Development and Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 502||Research Methodology||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 503||Issues and Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 504||Nursing Informatics & Healthcare Technology||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 511||Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 512||Health Assessment & Diagnostic Evaluation for Advanced Practice||3||2||30||3||42 *lab hours|
|N 513||Pharmacology & Alternative Therapeutics in Nursing Practice||3||3||45||0||0|
|N 521||Clinical Management of the Young Family||7||3||45||16||224|
|N 522||Clinical Management of the Mature and Aging Families||7||3||45||16||224|
|N 523||Family Nurse Practitioner Internship||5||1||15||16||224|
|N 698||Scholarly Project||3||3||45||0||0|
Part-time Student Suggested Course Sequencing
|Year 1||N 501: Theories (3)
N 511: Patho. (3)
|N 502: Research (3)
N 503: Issues (3)
|Year 2||N 512: Health Assess. (3)
N 513: Pharmacology (3)
N 521: Young Family Mgt Clinical (7)
|Year 3||N 522: Mature Family Mgt Clinical (7)||N 523: Internship (5)
N 698: Scholarly (3)
Dixon Center Cohort
N 501: Theories (3)
N 504: Informatics (3)
N 502: Research (3)
N 512: Health Assess. (3)
N 521: Young Family Mgt Clinical (7)
N 522: Mature Family Mgt Clinical (7)
N 523: Internship (5)
Department of Nursing:
Location and Hours:
127 Caputo Hall
Mon.- Fri. 8:30a to 5p
PO Box 1002 (1 S. George St)
Millersville, PA 17551