Forms Center

In an effort to increase the customer focus of our graduate student services, the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning is pleased to provide online access to many of the common forms that graduate students need during their degree program. Hard copies of these forms can be obtained from the Graduate Studies and Adult Learning Office, 2nd Floor, Lyle Hall.

Please note that some of the following forms are provided in a fillable .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat) for your convenience. We encourage you to complete them electronically for legibility purposes, but most forms will need to be printed, or saved and emailed to your advisor as signatures will need to be obtained. If a form can be electronically submitted, it is noted with the form link.

Forms Dealing with Degree Progress and Completion


Intended for students seeking to advance to degree candidacy in their master's degree program. Degree candidacy requirements and processes vary by department. Please speak to your advisor regarding your program's policies for degree candidacy. Some programs require an exam, while some programs just require a minimum number of completed credits. Not all programs require the completion of this form.

Application for Graduation

Intended for students working in the final semester of their master's program and seeking to be evaluated for graduation.

Application for Certificate Completion

Intended for students working in the final semester of their certificate program (Gifted, Nursing Education, or Family Nurse Practitioner) and seeking to be evaluated for completion. This form is not for students seeking Pennsylvania Department of Education Certification. It is for Millersville certificates only (Gifted, Nursing Education, Family Nurse Practitioner, PIAA Letter of Completion, or Innovation and Entrepreneurship). If you are in a teacher certification program, you will need to complete appropriate paperwork with the Millersville Certification Office.

Change of Graduate Curriculum for Master's Degree and Supervisory Certification Programs

Intended for students seeking to change their current master's degree or supervisory certification program to another master's degree or supervisory certification program at MU. This form can also be used to add/change a concentration or add an additional subject area to your supervisory certification. Students should note that additional information may be necessary for the department in addition to this form. THIS FORM IS NOT FOR POST-BACCALAUREATE CERTIFICATION CHANGES OR ADDITIONS. For post-baccalaureate certification, you are required to submit a new application for the certification you wish to add or change.

Request for Graduate Program Extension

Intended for students seeking to extend the eligible time in their graduate program beyond the 5-year limit.

Forms Dealing with Courses

Request for MU Course Substitution 

Intended for students seeking to substitute a required course in a graduate program with another graduate course at MU (from within their home program or from a different program).

This form is not for post-baccalaureate certification students. PB Certification students should click to this form.

Request for Transfer of Credit Back to MU

Intended for matriculating students seeking to take a course at another university to transfer back to their master's degree program at MU. Prior approval from the adviser, graduate coordinator, and dean of graduate studies and research is necessary.

Transcript Review of Graduate Courses Completed at Another Institution Prior to Admission at MU

Intended for students seeking to transfer credit for graduate courses taken at another regionally accredited institution prior to their MU admission. Please note that transfer credit will not be awarded for courses taken elsewhere that were specifically used in the completion of another degree program.

Transcript Review of Graduate Courses Completed at MU

Intended for students seeking to transfer credit for graduate courses completed at MU in programs (including non-degree status) other than the one they are planning to pursue.

Undergraduate Student Permission to Enroll in Graduate Course for Graduate Credit

Intended for undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a graduate level (500- or 600-) course for graduate credit (future graduate program). Students must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and have a maximum of 15 credits to be completed in their baccalaureate program. A non-degree graduate student application must be submitted in addition to this form. If the graduate course will be counted for the undergraduate program then contact the course instructor for permission and registration assistance - this form is not needed. 

Other Forms for Graduate Students

Address Update (online version)

You can update your address(es) and phone number(s) online via MAX. Make sure you are logged into MAX before clicking on the link, otherwise you will need to manually navigate to the correct page. Please contact the Help Desk at (717) 871-7777 if you need assistance logging into your MAX account. Remember, without a correct address on file, you will not be able to receive important notices, and a valid mailing address is required for course registration. If you need to change your name, you must provide the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning with official documentation, e.g. photocopy of social security card, court decree, marriage certificate.

Withdraw from Graduate Program

Intended for students withdrawing from their graduate program at Millersville University.
Re-application will be required to re-enter Millersville University. This is not for students who need to withdraw from courses for a semester or take a leave of absence. Do not complete this form if you are planning to return to the program to complete within the five year graduate time window.

Appeal Dismissal from Graduate Program (if submitting electronically, Internet Explorer must be used. Otherwise, you may print the document for submission)

This form is intended for students who have been academically dismissed from their graduate program, if they wish to appeal the dismissal to the Graduate Academic Appeal Committee.

Visiting Student Status

Application for visiting graduate students.