The mission of the Office of Academic Advisement is to provide an integrated and effective academic advising program as well as resources and tools for students, faculty and staff. This advising program provides students with opportunities in assessing their interests and academic abilities, encouraging the fullest intellectual development of all students, fostering an understanding of the value of a liberal arts education and providing an environment in which students can learn about the full array of educational opportunities available to them. Advisers assist students in taking responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals, and the strategies for achieving them and to graduate in a timely manner. Integral to our mission is providing faculty advisors with the advisement-related training to assist their advisees to achieve these goals. The program relies on the latest technologies to support learning endeavors and will have a strong commitment to addressing the diverse needs of the individual student. Ultimately academic advising is a relationship between student and adviser, between student and institution, and between adviser and institution.
FALL 2014 New issue of The Advisement Times! Check it out for the three kinds of advising conversations you should be having, important dates, and success strategies for transfer students. For both students and advisers on all things advisement! Now available on our website and all around campus. Pick up a copy today!
Are you a student who transferred to MU? Come to our Transfer Student Success Series! Check here for the Spring schedule of topics.
- January 26 - Drop/Add Deadline (Withdraw period begins)
- February 9 - Summer 2015 Registration begins
- March 4 - Change of Major deadline (to be effective for registration)
- March 9-16 - Spring Break
- March 9 - TAP (Term Advisement Pin) numbers available
- March 9 - Fall 2015 Schedule available
- April 3 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- April 9-17 - Undergraduate Registration begins (See Registrar's Website)
- May 5-8 - Finals Week
- May 9 - Commencement
- Check back often for more important dates and announcements!
Check out: Academic Survival Kit!
- February 24 - University Wide Advisory Council Meeting (Noon, McNairy 118)
- TBA - Adviser Enrichment Workshops (For more info click here - TBA)
- Keep Checking Back for Upcoming Announcements