The mission of the Office of Academic Advisement is to provide an integrated and effective academic advising program as well as resources and tools for students, faculty and staff. This advising program provides students with opportunities in assessing their interests and academic abilities, encouraging the fullest intellectual development of all students, fostering an understanding of the value of a liberal arts education and providing an environment in which students can learn about the full array of educational opportunities available to them. Advisers assist students in taking responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals, and the strategies for achieving them and to graduate in a timely manner. Integral to our mission is providing faculty advisors with the advisement-related training to assist their advisees to achieve these goals. The program relies on the latest technologies to support learning endeavors and will have a strong commitment to addressing the diverse needs of the individual student. Ultimately academic advising is a relationship between student and adviser, between student and institution, and between adviser and institution.
Check out the Advisement Times, a great resource for advisement topics and questions!
|Fall Issue||Spring Issue
|Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2010||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2009||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2008||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2007||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2006||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2005||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2004||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
- August 15 - Summer 3 ends
- August 25 - Fall semester begins
- September 1 - Holiday (closed)
- September 2 - Drop/Add Deadline (Withdraw period begins)
- September 23 - Carnival of Majors (SMC MPR)
- October 8 - Winter registration begins
- October 8 - Change of Major deadline (to be effective for registration)
- October 10-15 - Fall Break
- October 13 - TAP (Term Advisement Pin) numbers available
- October 31 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- November 6-14 - Undergraduate Registration begins (See Registrar's Website)
- November 25-December 1 - Thanksgiving Break
- December 9-13 - Finals Week
- December 14 - Commencement
- Check back often for more important dates and announcements!
Check out: Academic Survival Kit!
- TBA - University Wide Advisory Council Meeting
- TBA - ENHANCED Adviser Enrichment Workshops (For more info click here)
- Keep Checking Back for Upcoming Announcements