The Department of Nursing applauds your decision to continue your professional journey in nursing and offers several programs:
- RN to BSN is designed for those who have obtained their associate degree in Nursing or Diploma and RN license. The program is offered in two formats:
- MSN for those who wish to pursue an advanced practice role:
- Post-Master's Certificate
- School Nurse Certification is a post-baccalaureate program designed for the BSN wishing to gain certification through Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) for School Nursing.
- School Health Services Supervisory Certification is for the School Nurse Certificate holding a Specialist II Certification and a master's degree (five years experience in the area of supervision is required).
- The undergraduate (BSN), MSN/Nurse Educator, post-baccalaureate and post-master's certification programs have "rolling" (on-going) admission and no application deadline. The MSN/Family/Individual Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner program has a firm application deadline (January 15) and one admission term only (fall).
- The Department of Nursing offers the BSN Program on the HACC Harrisburg campus and is taught by Millersville University nursing faculty. Learn more.
- The Department of Nursing RN to BSN program has been improved to provide more credits for lower division nursing from the associate degree in Nursing Program.
- Includes three innovative nursing courses, two 100% online courses, and all other remaining courses blended (online and face-to-face)
- Captstone course involves student designed clinical
- Changes will provide flexibility to student's schedules
- Innovative course scheduling for the working RN
In June of 2010, the Department of Nursing announced the continuing accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) for the Master of Science Nursing Program, including the Post-Master's Certificate and the Baccalaureate in Nursing Program through 2018.
ACEN Contact Information (formerly National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.):
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326