The mission of the Office of Academic Advisement is to provide an integrated and effective academic advising program as well as resources and tools for students, faculty and staff. This advising program provides students with opportunities in assessing their interests and academic abilities, encouraging the fullest intellectual development of all students, fostering an understanding of the value of a liberal arts education and providing an environment in which students can learn about the full array of educational opportunities available to them. Advisers assist students in taking responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals, and the strategies for achieving them and to graduate in a timely manner. Integral to our mission is providing faculty advisors with the advisement-related training to assist their advisees to achieve these goals. The program relies on the latest technologies to support learning endeavors and will have a strong commitment to addressing the diverse needs of the individual student. Ultimately academic advising is a relationship between student and adviser, between student and institution, and between adviser and institution.
Check out the Advisement Times, a great resource for advisement topics and questions!
|Fall Issue||Spring Issue
|Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2010||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2009||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2008||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2007||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2006||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2005||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
|2004||Fall Issue||Spring Issue|
New! General Education Requirements!
Effective Fall 2012, the General Education Requirements are changing! Check out the updates here
SPRING 2014 New issue of The Advisement Times! Check it out for our Carnival of Majors announcement, important dates, time management tips, and preparing for advisement. For both students and advisers on all things advisement! Now available on our website and all around campus. Pick up a copy today!
- January 27 - Drop/Add Deadline
- February 10 - Summer registration begins
- March 5 - Change of Major deadline (to be effective for registration)
- March 10 - TAP numbers available/Fall schedule available
- March 12 - Carnival of Majors 11-1, SMC MPR
- March 14-24 - Spring Break
- April 4 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- April 10-18 - Undergraduate Registration (See Registrar's Website)
- May 5-9 - Finals Week
- May 10 - Commencement
- Check back often for more important dates and announcements!
Check out: Academic Survival Kit!
- February 25 - RESCHEDULED March 4 University Wide Advisory Council Meeting (Noon, Stayer 402)
- TBA - ENHANCED Adviser Enrichment Workshops (For more info click here)
- Keep Checking Back for Upcoming Announcements