MAKE-UP SCHEDULE FOR CANCELLED EXAMS TODAY
Tuesday 10:15-12:15 Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Tuesday 12:30-2:30 pm Exam block - rescheduled to Saturday, 12/14/2013 from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
More information at: http://blogs.millersville.edu/exchange/2013/12/09/weather-information-for-finals-week/.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead
Service-learning is a civic engagement pedagogy that links disciplinary study and community service with reflection. Our office works with faculty and community organizations to develop community-based research and opportunities for students to engage in projects which benefit civic and not-profit agencies. The community-based research model of service learning is a great way to get students excited about research as well as for faculty to pursue their own scholarship.
The Volunteer Central office offers faculty members assistance with logistics, opportunities for recognition, and a community of educators dedicated to civic engagement. We are here to support you, the faculty member, in designing and implementing service-learning courses and pedagogies. Our staff is knowledgeable in service-learning practices and resources, and we maintain a continually expanding list of service sites in the community. If you have any organizations with whom you would like us to partner, refer them to the Community Organization section of our site so they can register and began submitting projects.
We encourage you to come meet with us to discuss implementing service-learning in your curriculum, including the development of community service placements appropriate to the academic goals and objectives of your course.
- Uniting study abroad and volunteer service
- CCPH is a nonprofit organization that promotes health through partnerships between communities and higher educational institutions.
- Supports a valuable list serve for faculty
- Structured reflection, which may not always be written reflection, is an integral component of service-learning. These resources discuss techniques, strategies and research on this important topic.
- A searchable database of over 190 nonprofit organizations and more than 200 volunteer opportunities throughout Lancaster.