Fall 2018 Student Teachers
Fall 2018 Student Teaching Orientation Meeting
ATTENTION FALL 2018 STUDENT TEACHERS
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Stayer Hall, Multipurpose Room
6:00pm – 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY for all students completing their student teaching requirements in the fall 2018 semester. The meeting will start promptly so please arrive early enough to gather hand-outs and be seated by 6:00pm. Casual attire is permissible.
Remember to bring:
- A printed hard-copy or a device (such as an iPad or laptop) to access “A Guide for Student Teaching”. Please click HERE for this publication.
- Proof of Liability Insurance. Please click HERE for full instructions for obtaining liability insurance.
- A Pen for completing forms and taking notes.
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office immediately at email@example.com.
Also, be sure to mark your calendar:
First Day Meeting
Friday, August 24, 2018
Stayer Hall, Multipurpose Room
Starting at 8:00am – keep entire day open (until 5:00pm)
Fall 2018 Student Teaching Intent Packet
Read all instructions carefully. Your name will not be added to our official Fall 2018 student teaching roster until all items have been received. Be sure to add all four due dates to your calendar.
DUE NOW – Personal Information Form (submitted online)
- Personal Information Form: Please click on this link to complete the online Personal Information Form. You will NOT need to submit a hard-copy of this form; simply click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form when you have finished. Your information will be automatically routed to the Student Teaching Office.
NOTE: Be prepared to list your early field experiences. Once you have started the online form you will not be able to save it for further updates. It should take about 10-15 minutes to complete this form.
DUE FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018 – Updated Clearances and TB Test Results (submitted online)
- Obtain Updated Clearances and TB Test Results: Fall 2018 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated December 17, 2017 or later (NO EXCEPTIONS). TB test results must be within the past 11 months. NOTE: Providers and procedures for submitting these items have changed. Clearances and TB test results must now be submitted online. Please click on the link for detailed instructions.
DUE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2018 – Hard Copy Packet (submitted to Room 120, Stayer Hall)
NOTE: We will not accept packets sent via email or fax – it is your responsibility to provide us with the hard-copies.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Please click on this link to access this form. Please read carefully and “checkmark” all designated statements and questions electronically. Print, sign and date the form.
- Background Information Forms: Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please click on the link to complete this form electronically; print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
DUE TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2018 – Proof of Liability Insurance (submitted at Orientation Meeting)
- Proof of Liability Insurance: Please click on this link for full instructions on how to obtain and submit proof of liability insurance.
Fall 2018 Student Teaching - Yellow Cards
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2018 please:
- Complete an online Yellow Card now by clicking HERE.
- Complete the Personal Information Form now.
- Mark your calendar for the mandatory meetings listed above.
- Mark your calendary with all of the due dates for the Student Teaching Intent Packet and submit accordingly.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account and this website regularly.