Fall 2015 Student Teachers
Dean’s Seminar on Interviewing
October 16, 2015
Please CLICK HERE for the full agenda for the Dean's Seminar on Interviewing.
To take part in the Resume review opportunity please drop off your resume when you arrive in Stayer then meet with ELCM staff between 11:30 - 2:00pm for their advice.
This event is mandatory.
Please dress professionally.
Note about parking:
Since the majority of student teachers may not have current parking permits we have notified University Police about this event, asking that they do not ticket people for failure to display a parking permit in the student parking areas around Stayer Hall. They will ticket people who do not park in legal spaces, or who park in reserved spaces.
First Day Meeting for Fall 2015 Student Teachers
Friday, August 21, 2015
Stayer Multipurpose Room, Stayer Hall
8:00am – 2:30pm
HOW TO DRESS AND WHAT TO BRING:
- Be sure to dress professionally!
- Bring along a copy of the following publications applicable to your first half or full semester student teaching placement:
*A Guide for Student Teaching - Please click on this link to access the guide.
*Supplement to the Guide for Student Teaching - Please click on this link to access the supplement.
- Bring a pen.
- Remember: If you are moving back to the campus area for student teaching you will want to make sure you have packed the original copies of your clearances and TB test results. Even though you won’t need these documents at the meeting you should take them with you on the first day of your student teaching assignment.
You will be given a one hour lunch break during the meeting – If you choose to pack a lunch please keep in mind that refrigeration will not be available.
You will not need a parking permit while attending the First Day Meeting but please remember that you will be ticketed if parked illegally.
WHO WILL BE MY SUPERVISOR?
You will be sent an email on Thursday, August 20th with the name of your supervisor for your first half or full semester placement. We are literally working up until the last minute making changes so expect the email late in the day. Your email will also include the date, time and location of your meeting with your supervisor. Please keep the entire day open to allow for this meeting.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones should be turned off for the duration of this meeting. No texting, phone calls or game playing, etc. are permissible at any time other than your lunch break.
Thanks so much for your attention to all of these details! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 21st!
ATTENTION FALL 2015 STUDENT TEACHERS
Please mark your calendars now for this important event!
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Lehr Dining Hall, Bolger Conference Center, Gordinier
6:00pm – 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY!
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting at email@example.com.
The Student Teaching Intent Packet has been broken into three parts for the Fall 2015 semester. Please read carefully so that you will know the due dates for each part.
PART A of the Student teaching Intent Packet – DUE DECEMBER 17, 2014
- Placement Information Form: Please click on this link to complete the online Placement Information Form. You will NOT need to submit a hard-copy of this form; simply click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form when you have finished. Your information will be automatically routed to the Student Teaching Office. NOTE: Be prepared to list your early field experiences. Once you have started the online form you will not be able to save it for further updates. It should take about 10-15 minutes to complete this form.
PART B of the Student Teaching Intent Packet – DUE FEBRUARY 13, 2015
Please read all instructions carefully. Your name will not be added to our official Fall 2015 student teaching roster until Part A has been submitted electronically and Part B has been submitted to Room 120, Stayer Hall (see below). Part B will only be accepted if complete; incomplete submissions will be returned to you for completion.
- Memorandum of Understanding: Please click on this link to access this form. Please read carefully and “checkmark” all designated statements and questions electronically. Print, sign and date the form.
- Background Information Forms: Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please click on the link to complete this form electronically; print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
- Obtain Current Clearances: Fall 2015 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated December 12, 2014 or later (NO EXCEPTIONS). Please click on the link for instructions to obtain new clearances and read these instructions carefully. Please note: If you do not already have clearances on file with the Field Services Office that are valid through the end of the Spring 2015 semester we must have your updated clearances on file in Room 120, Stayer Hall by January 9, 2015 and then again with your Student Teaching Intent Packet due on February 13, 2015. If you need to update your Child Abuse Clearance before January 9th you should travel to Harrisburg to obtain this clearance instead of waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Please click on the link in the instructions to obtain directions to the Department of Public Welfare Office in Harrisburg. Finally, please click on the following links to see what each clearance submission should look like: Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
- Obtain TB Test Results: Fall 2015 Student Teaching requires that you have negative TB test results on file in the Field Services Office dated December 12, 2014 or later. Please click on the link for full instructions on obtaining TB test results. Please note: If you do not already have TB test results on file with the Field Services Office that are valid through the end of the Spring 2015 semester we must have your updated clearances on file in Room 120, Stayer Hall by January 9, 2015 and then again with your Student Teaching Intent Packet due on February 13, 2015. (please see full instructions)
- Intent Packet Checklist: Before submitting Part B of your Intent Packet, please print and fill in this form to make sure that your packet is complete. Submit this form with Part B of the Intent Pack
Please submit Part B of your Intent Packet to the Field Services Office, Room 120, Stayer Hall.
We prefer that you submit Part B in person so that we may check to make sure it is complete however, you may mail the packet to:
Field Services – Student Teaching
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
NOTE: We will not accept packets sent via email or fax – it is your responsibility to provide us with the hard-copies.
PART C of the Student Teaching Intent Packet – DUE APRIL 21, 2015 at the Orientation Meeting
- Proof of Liability Insurance: Please click on this link for instructions for obtaining proof of liability insurance. We highly recommend that you wait until the beginning of April 2015 to obtain this coverage so you will not have to pay for more than one year’s subscription.
Your student teaching placement(s) will only be released to you if Parts A, B and C have been submitted.
Thank you very much for your prompt attention to the Intent Packet. We are looking forward to working with you towards this exciting semester!!!
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2015 please complete an online yellow card HERE. You will also need to complete the Intent Packet above and return to Room 120, Stayer Hall by the designated due dates. Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information. We're looking forward to working with you!