Fall 2013 Student Teachers
Please mark your calendars now for this important event! This meeting is MANDATORY. If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Field Services Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Also, please note that proof of Liability Insurance will be due at this meeting. Please see below for more details.
The following Intent Packet is due by February 15, 2013.
Please read all instructions carefully.
Only completed packets will be accepted; incomplete packets will be returned to you for completion.
Your name will not be added to our official Fall 2013 student teaching roster until a completed Intent Packet has been received.
Completed packets submitted by the due date will be marked "high priority".
- Placement Information Form - One (1) hard-copy of this form is required. Please complete this form electronically, print, sign and date. Please staple this form.
- Background Information Form - Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please complete this form electronically, print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
- Obtain Current Clearances - Fall 2013 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated December 13, 2012 or later. No exceptions. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain new clearances and read these instructions carefully. Please click on the following links to see what each clearance submission should look like: Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
- Obtain TB Test Results - Fall 2013 Student Teaching requires that you have negative TB test results on file in the Field Services Office dated December 13, 2012 or later. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain TB test results.
- Intent Packet Checklist - Before submitting your Intent Packet, please print and use this form to make sure that your packet is complete. Submit this form with your Intent Packet.
NOTE: Liability Insurance is also required for student teaching but will not be due until the Orientation Meeting on April 30, 2013. Please click HERE for instructions on obtaining liability insurance.
Please submit your Intent Packet, in person, to the Field Services Office, Room 120, Stayer Hall by February 15, 2013.
Please do not send these documents to our office via postal services, email or fax - it is your responsibility to hand-deliver your Intent Packet to Room 120, Stayer Hall.
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2013 and have not yet filled out a yellow card, please visit Room 120, Stayer Hall. The cards are on a podium outside of the office. Simply fill out the card and deposit it in the box on the lower shelf of the podium. This will ensure that you are included on the Fall 2013 roster of student teachers. The Student Teaching Office will notify you, via your MyVille email account, when additional paperwork is required. Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information. We're looking forward to working with you!