Fall 2014 Student Teachers
ATTENTION FALL 2014 STUDENT TEACHERS
Please mark your calendars now for this important event!
Monday, April 21, 2014
6:00pm - 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY!
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Teaching Intent Packet has been broken into three parts for the Fall 2014 semester. Please read carefully so that you will know the due dates for each part.
PART A of the Student teaching Intent Packet - DUE ASAP!
- 1. Placement Information Form: Please click on this link to complete the online Placement Information Form. You will NOT need to submit a hard-copy of this form; simply click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form when you have finished. Your information will be automatically routed to the Student Teaching Office.
NOTE: Be prepared to list your early field experiences. Once you have started the online form you will not be able to save it for further updates. It should take about 10-15 minutes to complete this form.
PART B of the Student Teaching Intent Packet - DUE FEBRUARY 14, 2014!
UPDATE: Due to the impending snow storm, the due date for Part B of the Student Teaching Intent Packet has been extended until Wednesday, February 19, 2014.
Please read all instructions carefully. Your name will not be added to our official Fall 2014 student teaching roster until Part A has been submitted electronically and Part B has been submitted to Room 120, Stayer Hall (see below). Part B will only be accepted if complete; incomplete submissions will be returned to you for completion.
- 1. Memorandum of Understanding: Please click on this link to access this form. Please read carefully and "checkmark" all designated statements and questions electronically. Print, sign and date the form.
- 2. Background Information Forms: Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please click on the link to complete this form electronically; print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
- 3. Obtain Current Clearances: Fall 2014 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated December 14, 2013 or later (NO EXCEPTIONS). Please click on the link for instructions to obtain new clearances and read these instructions carefully. Please click on the following links to see what each clearance submission should look like: Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
- 4. Obtain TB Test Results: Fall 2014 Student Teaching requires that you have negative TB test results on file in the Field Services Office dated December 14, 2013 or later. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain TB test results.
- 5. Intent Packet Checklist: Before submitting Part B of your Intent Packet, please print and fill in this form to make sure that your packet is complete. Submit this form with Part B of the Intent Packet.
Please submit Part B of your Intent Packet to the Field Services Office, Room 120, Stayer Hall. We prefer that you submit Part B in person so that we may check to make sure it is complete however, you may mail the packet to:
Field Services - Student Teaching
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
NOTE: We will not accept packets sent via email or fax - it is your responsibility to provide us with the hard-copies.
PART C of the Student Teaching Intent Packet - DUE APRIL 21, 2014 at the Orientation Meeting!
- 1. Proof of Liability Insurance - Please click on this link for instructions for obtaining proof of liability insurance. We highly recommend that you wait until the beginning of April 2014 to obtain this coverage so you will not have to pay for more than one year's subscription. Please submit this form at the Orientation Meeting.
Your student teaching placement(s) will only be released to you if Parts A, B and C have been submitted.
Thank you very much for your prompt attention to the Intent Packet. We are looking forward to working with you towards this exciting semester!!!
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2014 please complete the Intent Packet above and return to Room 120, Stayer Hall by the designated due dates. Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information. We're looking forward to working with you!