Fall 2018 Student Teaching First Day Meeting
This meeting is mandatory.
- Friday, August 24, 2018
- Stayer Hall, Multipurpose Room
- 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Keep the entire day open in the event you are meeting with your supervisor on the same day.
How to Dress and What to Bring
- Dress professionally!
- Be Prompt! Allow enough time to gather materials and be seated by 8:00 am.
- Have access to a printed copy, or an electronic version, of the First Day Meeting Informational Materials below.
- Bring a pen.
- Cell Phones: Please be respectful to your host, guest speakers and classmates by turning OFF your cell phones for the duration of the meeting. You will have an opportunity to use your phone during breaks and lunch hour.
- Remember: If you are moving back to the campus area for student teaching, you will want to make sure you have packed the original copies of your clearances and TB test results. Even though you do not need these documents at the meeting, you should take them with you on the first day of your student teaching assignment.
Lunch: You will be given a one hour lunch break during the meeting. If you choose to pack a lunch, please keep in mind that refrigeration will not be available.
Parking: You will not need a parking permit while attending the First Day Meeting. However, you will be ticketed if parked illegally.
Who will be my Supervisor? You will receive an email before the meeting with the name of your supervisor for your first half or full semester placement. This information will be sent late in the day. This email will also include the date, time and location of your meeting with your supervisor. It is possible that you will meet with your supervisor after the First Day Meeting on Friday, August 31 so please keep your calendar open for the entire day on Friday. Please be sure to check your MU email!