This form should be submitted to Room 124, Stayer Hall, at least 5 days prior to the absence. Forms must have the supervisor and cooperating teacher signatures in place before being submitted to the Student Teaching Office.
Please note that departmental seminars are not included on this calendar. For information about departmental seminars, please see your contact team member or department chair.
- Instructions on entering PDE 430 Evaluations into Banner (University Supervisors Only)
- PDE 430 Attachment A
- Instructions on entering MU Student Teaching Evaluations into Banner (University Supervisors Only)
- Frequently Asked Questions about online submissions
- Mid Placement Evaluation Forms (The Mid-Evaluations do NOT need to be submitted to the Student Teaching Office)
IMPORTANT: Signed and dated hard-copies are required for us to stay in compliance with PDE and NCATE guidelines. Before submission to our office, please make sure the following is completed on each form:
PDE 430: You and the student teacher have signed and dated the form.
Supervisor MU Evaluation Form: The student teacher has initialed the form and you have signed and dated the form.
Cooperating Teacher MU Evaluation Form: Supervisors are responsible for submitting the cooperating teacher evaluations. Even if the cooperating teacher has submitted an online evaluation, a hard-copy is still required. Please make sure the student teacher has initialed the form and that the cooperating teacher has signed and dated the form before submittng to the Student Teaching Office.
After completing the online evaluation forms, please print and submit the original, signed hard-copies to Room 120, Stayer Hall. Electronic copies sent via email as an attachment or scan will not be accepted.
DUE DATES for the Fall 2014 Semester are:
October 22, 2014
1. Final MU Evaluation for student teachers with a first half placement
2. PDE 430 Evaluation for ALL student teachers
3. Grade submission for first half placements (Observation Dates / Grade Sheet; see below)
December 17, 2014, Wednesday
1. Final MU Evaluations for ALL student teachers
2. Final PDE 430 Evaluations for ALL student teachers
3. Grade submission for ALL student teachers (Observation Dates / Grade Sheet; see below)
At the beginning of each semester be sure to complete a Travel Request Form and submit to Pam Via in Room 124 Stayer Hall. The number on this form should be entered under "Travel Request #" on each of your travel vouchers.
The Field Services Office is only authorized to reimburse supervisors for mileage accrued during the supervision of student teachers. All other field experience mileage (i.e. early field experience) must be submitted to your department.
Please keep the following in mind when completing your travel voucher form for supervision of student teachers:
1. Please complete your submissions online and print a hard-copy. This not only makes the form easier to read but eliminates error since the online form will calculate your mileage and amount of reimbursement.
2. Please list each destination on a seperate line on the voucher form.
3. Be sure to include the dates and times of your travels.
4. MU will pay for both your trip to a school site and your return trip however, MU can only pay you from the origin nearest to the school site; this would either be from MU or from your home. This is regardless of your physical origin. The same is true for your return trip. EXAMPLE: If you are travelling from Lebanon, PA and supervising in Solanco School District you may only claim the distance from MU to the school in Solanco School District and then back to MU.
5. If you are visiting multiple sites in one day MU will pay you for the full distance between school sites. Please arrange your schedule as efficiently as possible.
If your submission needs to be adjusted to conform to the MU standards, as set by PASSHE, you will be notified either by email or a phone call prior to your payment.
Please submit your Travel Voucher Forms monthly to Pam Via in Room 124, Stayer Hall. Be sure to submit the original copy of your form with your signature.
Observation Dates / Grade Sheet
This record should be turned in to the Department Secretary at the end of the first half assignments. For second half and full semester assignments, this sheet is due at the end of the semester. Additional forms are available in Room 120, Stayer Hall.
The 3-part Observation Forms, both lined and unlined, can be found in Room 120, Stayer Hall.
Our cooperating teachers were sent Cooperating Teacher Packets which included payroll forms and a return envelope addressed to the Student Teaching Office. Please check with your students' cooperating teacher to make sure they have submitted their payroll forms. We are not able to pay the co-ops until the payroll form(s) have been received.
If payroll forms have been misplaced please have the cooperating teacher email email@example.com for new forms.
If the return envelope has been misplaced payroll forms can be mailed to:
Student Teaching Office
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Early Childhood, Middle Level and Special Education Supervisors: Student file folders are to be forwarded to the student's second-half supervisor at the conclusion of the first-half assignment. The Student Teaching Office will provide you with a list of assigned supervisors, along with a list of supervisor email addresses to help you with this task.
All Supervisors: Please remember that student file folders should be given to the student teachers at the end of the semester.