Spring 2014 Student Teachers
Dean of Education Seminar on Interviewing
March 14, 2014
This meeting is MANDATORY! Please dress professionally.
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Lehr Room, Bolger Conference Center
Showcase of Teaching Technologies
Dr. Oliver Dreon, Digital Learning Studio and Associate Professor of Educational Foundations
10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
Lehr Room, Bolger Conference Center
Welcome: Dr. Helena Tuleya-Payne, Interim Dean, School of Education
Tips for Interviewing: Mr. Donald Stewart, former Superintendent, Penn Manor School District
Q & A Session with Mr. Stewart
11:30 - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Bolger Conference Center and Osburn Hall
Mock Interviews with pre-identified student teacher in front of peer group, by discipline.
Please click HERE to access the agenda for the Mock Interviews. This agenda will let you know the location of the mock interview for your content area along with the names of the participants in the interview.
UPDATED: Experiential Learning and Career Management (ELCM) staff will be available on Friday, from 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. in Matisse Room of Bolger Conference Center for one-on-one resume consultations. Please drop off a paper copy with the ELCM staff in the morning if you are thinking about attending the one-on-one resume consultations. If you do not have the time to attend the resume consultation, you are invited to email email@example.com for an e-resume critique.
Please keep the entire day open. Your supervisor may take the opportunity to meet with you during the afternoon hours. If so, you will either be notified ahead of time or your meeting will be announced at the seminar.
THE FIRST DAY MEETING IS CANCELLED - Please report to your 1st half or full semester placement on Wednesday, January 22nd. Be sure to check your MyVille email account throughout the week for any important announcements from the Student Teaching Office. Your university supervisor will be contacting you with updated information about meeting with you.
First Day Meeting
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Lehr Room - Bolger Conference Center
8:00am - 2:30pm
Please dress professionally!
The meeting will begin promptly at 8:00am. Please arrive early enough to pick up a packet of materials and be seated by 8:00am.
Please bring the following:
1. A Guide for Student Teaching - Please click on the link to print this publication.
2. Supplement for a Guide for Student Teaching, if available. Please click on the link to see if the supplement is available for your concentration area. If so, please print. Please review these documents before meeting with your supervisor. You will receive an email on Friday, January 17th with the name of your supervisor and the date, time and location of your meeting with them. Please check your MyVille email account on this day.
Also, make sure you have the original copies of your clearances and TB tests with you when you return for the spring semester. Districts reserve the right to refuse your admittance into their schools unless you are able to present these documents.
We're looking forward to seeing you on the 21st!
Impending Weather Announcement
In the event the impending snow storm affects the first day of the semester tomorrow, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, please follow the procedure below concerning the First Day Meeting for Student Teachers in Lehr Room, Bolger Conference Center:
1. Early Tuesday morning, check the home page of the MU website for delay or cancellation message: http://www.millersville.edu/index.php.
2. If there is NO delay or cancellation for Millersville University, the First Day Meeting will proceed as previously scheduled; see the Student Teaching Website for details.
3. If there is a DELAY for Millersville University, the First Day Meeting will begin at the time the University is open for classes.
4. If there is a CANCELLATION for Millersville University, the First Day Meeting will also be cancelled. You will receive information from your supervisor about scheduling a new time for you to meet with them.
5. If Millersville University starts on time and there is an EARLY DISMISSAL you will receive information from your supervisor about scheduling a new time for you to meet with them (provided your meeting is not already underway).
6. You should report to your assigned school on Wednesday, January 22nd. Be sure to check your district's website on Wednesday morning in the event there is a delay or cancellation for your district on the 22nd.
Regardless of the outcome for tomorrow, please take your time if you must be on the roads.
ATTENTION SPRING 2014 STUDENT TEACHERS
Please mark your calendars now for this important event!
Monday, November 18, 2013
6:00pm - 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY.
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Spring 2014 Student Teaching
The following Intent Packet is due by July 12, 2013.
Please read all instructions carefully.
Only completed packets will be accepted; incomplete packets will be returned to you for completion.
Your name will not be added to our official Spring 2014 student teaching roster until a completed Intent Packet has been received.
Completed packets submitted by the due date will be marked "high priority".
- 1. Placement Information Form - One (1) hard-copy of this form is required. Please complete this form electronically, print, sign and date. Please staple this form.
- 2. Background Information Form - Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please complete this form electronically, print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
- 3. Obtain Current Clearances - Spring 2014 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated May 16, 2013 or later. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain new clearances and read these instructions carefully. Please click on the following links to see what each clearance submission should look like: Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
- 4. Instructions for Obtaining TB Test Results - Spring 2014 Student Teaching requires that you have negative TB test results on file in the Field Services Office dated May 16, 2013 or later. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain TB test results.
- 5. Proof of Liability Insurance - Please click on this link for instructions to obtain Liability Insurance.
- 6. Intent Packet Checklist - Before submitting your Intent Packet, please print and fill in this form to make sure that your packet is complete. Submit this form with your Intent Packet.
Please submit your Intent Packet to the Field Services Office, Room 120, Stayer Hall or mail to:
Field Services - Student Teaching
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Please do not send these documents to our office via email or fax - it is your responsibility to provide us with the hard-copies.
- Certification Application - Information about submitting your certification application will be given to you at the Orientation Meeting.
- Orientation Meeting - please mark your calendars now for this important event! This meeting is MANDATORY. If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Field Services Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
Monday, November 18, 2013
6:00pm - 8:00pm
If you are planning to student teach in Spring 2014 and have not yet filled out a yellow card, please visit Room 120, Stayer Hall. The cards are on a podium outside of the office. Simply fill out the card and deposit it in the box on the lower shelf of the podium. This will ensure that you are included on the Spring 2014 roster of student teachers. The Student Teaching Office will notify you, via your MyVille email account, when additional paperwork is required. Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account and this website regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information. We're looking forward to working with you!