Spring 2015 Student Teachers
The Dean’s Interviewing Seminar is still being held today on the modified agenda beginning at 10:00. However, we are aware that many of you cannot make it because of the road conditions. Please use your best judgement on whether to attend, we do not want anyone being hurt.
If you are not attending, please inform your University Supervisor. An attendance form does not have to be completed for not attending.
NOTICE: The Dean's Seminar on Interviewing will begin at 10:00am in Lehr Room, Bolger Conference Center
Dean’s Seminar on Interviewing
March 6, 2015
Bolger Conference Center
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE REVISED AGENDA FOR THE SEMINAR
The updated agenda contains new information including a resume review opportunity and the scheduled room assignments for the mock interviews.
UPDATED - IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. IN THE EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER:
---Should weather issues cause the university to have a delayed opening, we will begin at 10:00am in Lehr room, Bolger Conference Center, with the Interviewing Tips and Techniques session running from 10:00-11:00am, and then moving on with the day's events as scheduled. The Tech Showcase would be held on a later date.
---Should the weather cause the university to be closed, the event will be cancelled.
2. Students with new second half placements may be scheduled to meet with their second half supervisor after 1:00 p.m.
3. Please dress professionally for this event.
4. Parking: We have notified University Police about this event, asking that they do not ticket people for failure to display a parking permit in the student parking areas around Bolger Conference Center and Stayer Hall, since the majority of student teachers may not have current parking permits. They will ticket people who do not park in legal spaces, or who park in reserved spaces.
REMINDER: FIRST DAY MEETING FOR SPRING 2015 STUDENT TEACHERS
First Day Meeting
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Lehr Dining Room, Bolger Conference Center
8:00am – 2:30pm
HOW TO DRESS AND WHAT TO BRING:
- Be sure to dress professionally!
- Bring along a copy of the “Guide for Student Teaching” along with the supplement(s) for your first half or full semester placement.
- If you are moving back to the campus area for student teaching you will also want to make sure you have the original copies of your clearances and TB test results. Even though you won’t need these documents at the meeting you should take them with you on the first day of your student teaching assignment.
- Bring a pen.
You will be given a one hour lunch break during the meeting – Please utilize either the Upper Deck Dining Hall in Gordinier or The Galley in the Student Memorial Center. University Dining has asked that we avoid The Anchor since students attending classes use this facility heavily.
The James Street parking lot is currently closed except for construction vehichles. University Police have asked that you use the south SMC lot and the Ann St. lot off of Shenks Lane since they will be less congested. Please try to avoid the McComsey and Creek Drive lots if at all possible. You will not need a parking permit while attending the First Day Meeting but please remember that you will be ticketed if parked illegally. We encourage you carpool if at all possible.
WHO WILL BE MY SUPERVISOR?
You will be sent an email on Friday, January 16th with the name of your supervisor for your first half or full semester supervisor. We are literally working up until the last minute making changes so expect the email late in the day. Your email will also include the date, time and location of your meeting with your supervisor. Please keep the entire day open to allow for this meeting.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones should be turned off for the duration of this meeting. No texting, phone calls or game playing, etc. are permissible at any time other than your lunch break.
WEATHER: In the event of inclement weather resulting in the closing of Millersville University on January 20th please refer to this website for instructions.
Thanks so much for your attention to all of these details! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 20th!
ATTENTION SPRING 2015 STUDENT TEACHERS
CHANGE OF DATE!!!
Please mark your calendars now for this important event!
Thursday, November 20, 2014
6:00pm - 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY!
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting at email@example.com.
The Student Teaching Intent Packet has been broken into two parts for the Spring 2015 semester. Please read carefully so that you will know the due dates for each part.
PART A of the Student teaching Intent Packet - DUE ASAP!1. Placement Information Form: Please click on this link to complete the online Placement Information Form. You will NOT need to submit a hard-copy of this form; simply click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form when you have finished. Your information will be automatically routed to the Student Teaching Office.
NOTE: Be prepared to list your early field experiences. Once you have started the online form you will not be able to save it for further updates. It should take about 10-15 minutes to complete this form.
PART B of the Student Teaching Intent Packet - DUE JULY 25, 2014!
Please read all instructions carefully. Your name will not be added to our official Spring 2015 student teaching roster until Part A has been submitted electronically and Part B has been submitted to Room 120, Stayer Hall (see below). Part B will only be accepted if complete; incomplete submissions will be returned to you for completion.
UPDATE: For some reason not all of the links below are colored blue, however the links are available. PLEASE CLICK ON THE BOLDED TITLE AFTER EACH NUMBER TO ACCESS THE FORMS. Thanks!
1. Memorandum of Understanding: Please click on this link to access this form. Please read carefully and "checkmark" all designated statements and questions electronically. Print, sign and date the form.
2. Background Information Forms: Four (4) hard-copies of this form are required. Please click on the link to complete this form electronically; print, sign, date and staple each copy. IMPORTANT: This form must be typed. Please complete this form in a professional manner since it will be shared with your cooperating teacher(s) and your university supervisor(s).
3. Obtain Current Clearances: Spring 2015 Student Teaching requires that you have clearances on file in the Field Services Office dated May 8, 2014 or later (NO EXCEPTIONS). Please click on the link for instructions to obtain new clearances and read these instructions carefully. Please click on the following links to see what each clearance submission should look like: Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance.
4. Obtain TB Test Results: Fall 2014 Student Teaching requires that you have negative TB test results on file in the Field Services Office May 8, 2014 or later. Please click on the link for instructions to obtain TB test results.
5. Proof of Liability Insurance: Please click on this link for instructions for obtaining proof of liability insurance.
6. Intent Packet Checklist: Before submitting Part B of your Intent Packet, please print and fill in this form to make sure that your packet is complete. Submit this form with Part B of the Intent Packet.
Please submit Part B of your Intent Packet to the Field Services Office, Room 120, Stayer Hall. We prefer that you submit Part B in person so that we may check to make sure it is complete however, you may mail the packet to:
Field Services - Student Teaching
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
NOTE: We will not accept packets sent via email or fax - it is your responsibility to provide us with the hard-copies.
If you are planning to student teach in Spring 2015 please complete the Intent Packet above and return to Room 120, Stayer Hall by the designated due dates. Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information. We're looking forward to working with you!