Fall 2016 Student Teachers
First Day Meeting for Fall 2016 Student Teachers
Friday, August 26, 2016
Stayer Hall, Multipurpose Room
8:00am – 2:30pm
HOW TO DRESS AND WHAT TO BRING:
- Be sure to dress professionally!
- Bring along a copy of the “Guide for Student Teaching” along with the supplement(s) for your first half or full semester placement. These publications can be found here:
- Bring a pen.
- Remember: If you are moving back to the campus area for student teaching you will want to make sure you have packed the original copies of your clearances and TB test results. Even though you won’t need these documents at the meeting you should take them with you on the first day of your student teaching assignment.
You will be given a one hour lunch break during the meeting – If you choose to pack a lunch please keep in mind that refrigeration will not be available.
You will not need a parking permit while attending the First Day Meeting but please remember that you will be ticketed if parked illegally.
WHO WILL BE MY SUPERVISOR?
You will be sent an email on Thursday, August 25th with the name of your supervisor for your first half or full semester placement. We are literally working up until the last minute making changes so expect the email late in the day. Your email will also include the date, time, and location of your meeting with your supervisor. It’s possible that you will meet with your supervisor after the First Day Meeting on Friday, August 26th so please keep your calendar open for the entire day on Friday.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones should be turned off for the duration of this meeting. No texting, phone calls, or game playing, etc. are permissible at any time other than your lunch break.
Thanks so much for your attention to all of these details! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 26th!
MU Adapted Danielson Evaluation:
MU Adapted Danielson Formative Observation Instrument - Recommended for use by cooperating teachers and university supervisors for individual observations. This document should be used along with the MU Adapted Danielson Rubric for providing formative feedback.
MU Adapted Danielson Rubric - This document provides specific descriptions of criteria. Use the rubric when completing both the MU Adapted Danielson Formative Observation Instrument and MU Adapted Danielson Formal Evaluation.
Mock - online MU Adapted Danielson Formal Evaluation - This mock-up is provided to give cooperating teachers and university supervisors a clear picture of the form they will complete online for formal evaluations. It has the same elements as the formative observation instrument and four text boxes where narrative explanations should be entered for the four domains (Planning and Preparation, The Classroom Environment, Instruction, Professional Responsibilities). Please note that the ratings available for student teachers are Unsatisfactory, Basic, and Proficient.
ATTENTION FALL 2016 STUDENT TEACHERS
Orientation Meeting for Fall 2016 Student Teaching
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Student Memorial Center, Multipurpose Room
6:00pm – 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY! ALL students completing their student teaching requirements during the FALL 2016 semester must attend this meeting. This includes all traditional student teachers and PDS interns. The meeting will start promptly so please arrive early enough to gather hand-outs and be seated by 6:00pm. Casual attire is permissible.
Remember to bring:
1. Proof of Liability Insurance - this will satisfy Part C of the Student Teaching intent Packet. To obtain Liability Insurance please click on your content area in the section below for instructions.
2. A Pen.
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full instructions on completing the Student Teaching Intent Packet please click on the link below that contains your content area:
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2016 and have not yet signed up please:
- Please complete an online Yellow Card now by clicking HERE.
- Click on the appropriate link under “Fall 2016 Student Teaching –Intent Packet” (above).
- Complete Part of A the Intent Packet now.
- Complete Part B of the Intent Packet and return to Room 120, Stayer Hall by the designated due date.
- Complete Part C of the Intent Packet and submit at the Orientation Meeting.
Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information.