Spring 2016 Student Teachers
Dean's Seminar on Interviewing
Friday, March 4, 2016
8:30am - 12:00pm
Lehr Room, Bolger Conference Center
Please click HERE for the full agenda
This seminar is MANDATORY unless road conditions are unsafe (see below); Please dress professionally.
In case of inclement weather:
- If you do not feel safe driving into campus due to road conditions please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you will not be able to attend.
- If the university has a 10:00 a.m. opening, we will begin with the seminar from Ms. Carroll at 10:00 a.m., followed by the small group sessions from 11:30 – 12:30; the Technology Showcase will be switched to 1:00 p.m. in Stayer MPR and resume review will move to Stayer 114.
- If the University is not open by 10:00 a.m. that day, all sessions will be cancelled.
You will not need a parking pass for this event however you will be ticketed if parked illegally.
Students with new second half placements may be scheduled to meet with their second half supervisor after 12:00 p.m.
12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Resume review available, staff of Experiential Learning & Career Management – Stayer MPR
MANDATORY for all Traditional Student Teachers and PDS Interns!
First Day Meeting for Spring 2016 Student Teachers
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Student Memorial Center Multipurpose Room
8:00am – 2:30pm
HOW TO DRESS AND WHAT TO BRING:
- Be sure to dress professionally!
- Bring along a copy of the “Guide for Student Teaching” along with the supplement(s) for your first half or full semester placement. Please click on the links to access these documents:
- Bring a pen.
- Remember: If you are moving back to the campus area for student teaching you will want to make sure you have packed the original copies of your clearances and TB test results. Even though you won’t need these documents at the meeting you should take them with you on the first day of your student teaching assignment.
You will be given a one hour lunch break during the meeting – If you choose to pack a lunch please keep in mind that refrigeration will not be available.
You will not need a parking permit while attending the First Day Meeting but please remember that you will be ticketed if parked illegally.
WHO WILL BE MY SUPERVISOR?
You will be sent an email on Friday, January 15th with the name of your supervisor for your first half or full semester placement. We are literally working up until the last minute making changes so expect the email late in the day. Your email will also include the date, time, and location of your meeting with your supervisor. Please keep the entire day open to allow for this meeting.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones should be turned off for the duration of this meeting. No texting, phone calls, or game playing, etc. are permissible at any time other than your lunch break.
Thanks so much for your attention to all of these details! We are looking forward to seeing you on the 19th!
ATTENTION SPRING 2016 STUDENT TEACHERS
ALL students completing their student teaching requirements during the Spring 2016 semester must attend this meeting. This includes all traditional student teachers and PDS interns.
Please mark your calendars now for this important event!
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
6:00pm - 8:00pm
This meeting is MANDATORY!
If you have a conflict due to a class, please contact the Student Teaching Office at least two weeks prior to the meeting at email@example.com.
For full instructions on completing the Student Teaching Intent Packet please click on the link below which contains your content area:
If you are planning to student teach in Spring 2016 please:
- Complete an online Yellow Card now by clicking HERE.
- Click on the appropriate link under “Spring 2016 Student Teaching –Intent Packet” (above).
- Complete Part of A the Intent Packet as described above.
- Complete Part B or the Intent Packet and return to Room 120, Stayer Hall by the designated due date above.
Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information.