Millersville University's academic internship program enables students to earn course credits for an internship experience that is completed during a fall, spring or summer semester. Students can "earn while they learn" if the following requirements are met:
- Completion of at least 24 credits (12 at MU for transfer students)
- A minimum of 2.0 GPA (2.5 for some departments)
- A declared major or minor
* Each department determines criteria and requirements that may go beyond the University minimum standards.
- Are a semester-long, supervised work experience related to your major or career goal
- May be part time or full time
- May be paid or unpaid
- Earn a minimum of 3 credits for each experience (internship credits replace an elective within a student's academic major)
- Integrate classroom theory with real-life experiences
An internship is a great way to explore your interests and begin building that bridge between college and career. During tough economic times, the job market gets more competitive. Increase your chances of getting hired after graduation by doing an internship now.
Why should I complete an internship for academic credit?
- Access to the CareerConnection internship database that houses over 4,000 opportunities
- Many employers require accountability
- The ability to earn up to 12 credits for internships
- Faculty supervision and protection from the university
- Continuous opportunities to network with various employers
Your first step is to complete the Online Orientation. It is recommended that you start the internship process one semester prior to your internship experience. Click here to learn about internship opportunities, requirements and strategies.