Retired Faculty & Staff Resources
Welcome Retired Faculty & Staff
For Millersville University retired faculty and staff, retirement does not have to mean bidding farewell to the campus community. Retirees are encouraged to stay connected to the University. Millersville University values its retired faculty and staff and encourages them to maintain their contact with the University. At Millersville, we want to provide retired faculty and staff with a continuing link to the University and other helpful resources.
At Millersville University:
- Human Resources at Millersville University
- Interested in maintaining fitness and health in your retirement? The Student Memorial Center Fitness Center offers special rates for retired faculty and staff.
- The Pucillo Fitness Room also provides opportunities to use fitness equipment.
- Visit the website for hours and contact information.
Retirement Planning & Beyond:
- Association of Pennsylvania State College & University Retired Faculty (APSCURF)
- APSCURF Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) Information
- Pennsylvania State Employees' Retirement System (SERS): 717-795-9245
- TIAA-CREF: 800-548-965 (Philadelphia Regional Office)
For further information about retirement planning, please send an email or call the Millersville Human Resource Department at 717-872-3017.
Items To Keep In Mind
Retired faculty and staff may receive a new Millersville
University ID Card upon retirement in good standing
from the University. It is important to obtain this new
ID card with the status of "Retiree" posted on the card
so you can continue to participate in the many University events and receive University privileges.
How do I obtain a new ID card:
When you separate from the University, return your old ID card to Human Resources located on the 1st floor of the Dilworth Building, to receive a voucher for a new ID card. Take the voucher to the ID and Mail Services Office located on the 1st floor, Boyer Building, and your new ID card with your name, retirement status, photo, and ID number will be processed.
What does my ID card allow?
There are several benefits to maintaining a Millersville University ID card:
- Admission to MU athletic events
- Access to cultural events on campus &
discounted cultural events tickets
- Routine library service without extended
- Use of recreational facilities and equipment
in Pucillo and Brooks gyms.
Another benefit of maintaining a Millersville ID card
is the ability to obtain a parking permit from the
University. Retired faculty are able to obtain a
parking permit from the MU Parking Division. Just
stop by the Lebanon House (campus map) to
present your retired faculty/staff ID card and fill
out an application for the permit. Or, you can call
717-872-3432 to request a form by mail.
Upcoming Events for Millersville Retirees
Fall Term Starts:
Monday, August 26, 2013
Presidential Inauguration & Homecoming
Thursday, October 24- October 26, 2013
- Library Dedication, Thursday, October 24, 2013. Stay tuned for more details.
- Presidential Inauguration, Friday, October 25, 2013. Stay tuned for more details.
- Homecoming Weekend, October 25-26. Click here for a full schedule and more details.
Sunday, December 15, 2013
- Baccalaureate program begins at 2pm
- Click to fill out your Retiree Survey
- Link to The Review
- Link to The Exchange
- Did you know you can keep your Millersville email address? Send an email to find out more.
- In The Loop: Millersville University wants to continue to be actively involved in the lives of its retired faculty and staff. We welcome your suggestions and input as to how we can serve the needs of our retirees! Send an email to stay connected.