All students have life and learning needs that sometimes extend beyond the classroom. There are times during your college career when you may need information about the food pantry on campus (location and hours), awareness of childcare options, the availability of safe spaces, counselors ready to speak with you, hotlines linking to other services, or other kinds of assistance.
This Life Resources page has been created to help you find the services you need.
Center for Health Education and Promotion
- Contraception: the Center for Health Education and Promotion provides free safer sex kits – both internal and external condoms and dental dams
- Health promotion resources and education
- Sexual assault advocacy from the YWCA Lancaster: Mondays between 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Email Danielle Harvey to schedule: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationship and relationship violence advocacy from Domestic Violence Services Lancaster: Tuesdays between 1-4 p.m. Email Jeania Anderson to schedule: MUadvocate@dvslanc.org
Please visit the CHEP website for more information.
- Addiction Resources
- Counseling and Psychotherapy Referral List
Please visit the Counseling Center website for more information.
Food and Human Service Benefits
- Campus Cupboard – The HUB at the First United Methodist Church at 121 North George Street (717) 872-5331. They provide food to students who are in need. No questions asked. Semester hours: Mon – Fri 12-9 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. - noon.
- Compass website to apply for health and human services benefits online (SNAP, CHIP, cash assistance, Medical Assistance, Low-Income Home Energy Assistance, etc.)
Marauder Gold Funds & University Book Vouchers: You can request to transfer up to $500 of their anticipated refund to Marauder Gold Funds, and then from there, to a voucher with the University Store. This request can be made at any time once bills have been generated, so long as there is a credit balance on your account. This request must be made with the Office of Student Accounts. For instructions on requesting a transfer to Marauder Gold Funds and a book voucher, click here.
Advanced Refund Request: An Advanced Refund Request is an early payment of your scheduled refund; it is not additional financial assistance. Applications will only be approved for the amount of your anticipated refund; up to the maximum amount of $350. Applications can be submitted at any time before the start of the semester; however, they cannot be processed until the first day of classes. Click here for the Advanced Refund Request form. Forms can be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
Additional Resources: Students often have needs beyond financial aid that they need to help them be successful at Millersville and in life. The Office of Financial Aid encourages you to explore the University and local resources that are available. View resources here.
Millersville University Police Department
- Lancaster County Council of Churches Food Hub and more
- Millersville LiveSafe campus safety app
- Millersville Sexual Violence Reporting and Resource
- Millersville University campus map
- Pennsylvania Traffic Laws
- Tabor Services - Housing and Financial Assistance and Counseling
- Water Street Rescue Mission Homeless Shelter in Lancaster
- YWCA services Lancaster
For more information please go to the MU Police department website .
Sexual Assault/Title IX
- Complainant Rights
- Helping a Victim Survivor
- LGBTQIA Victim Survivors
- Resources for families
- Resources for faculty & staff
- Respondent Rights
- Safety Tips
- Title IX Coordinator(s) information
Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Administrative Appeal Form
- Behavioral Intervention Team
- Counseling & Human Development
- Handbook/Code of Conduct
- Request for Hold Removal
- Responsible Action Policy
- Sexual Violence Awareness
- University Police