Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid
Student Financial Services (SFS) works collaboratively with University offices to provide a high level of customer service. SFS strives to effectively communicate with students and their families regarding all financial matters from matriculation to graduation! The SFS team of the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) and the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) is here to assist all students, regardless of their economic resources, in obtaining financial assistance and the collection of student tuition and fees; while maintaining the fiscal and regulatory integrity of the University's financial programs.
The Office of Financial Aid serves as a resource to help you through the process of obtaining financial assistance to pay for college. Utilize the navigation bar to find detailed information about the different aid programs, click below for important announcements, program specific financial aid information and checklists, or contact our office to speak with someone directly. We are here to help!
Spanish version available here.
The world has changed a lot in the last few months, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to seeing you succeed! Below are a few important updates from our office:
While your classes have been moved to a mixed modality of in-person and online, so has our office! The Office of Financial Aid staff is continuing to work remotely during our normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm) to ensure that financial aid continues to be processed for students. We also have physical in-person and call center hours available:
September 7th through the end of the Fall semester:
- Our physical office will be open Tuesday and Thursday from (8am-4pm) with a limited staff. If you must take care of business with us in-person please be sure to wear your mask and adhere to the returning to campus guidelines. We may ask you to verify that you have a "green check" mark in the LifeSafe app prior to doing in person business.
- Our call center phone lines are also open from 9am-3pm on Tuesday and Thursday. For questions regarding your financial aid you can call us at 717-871-5100 during these times. If you are calling the office, please make sure to have your Millersville ID number ready and be prepared to verify your identity.
We can also be reached via email at any time during our normal business hours. If you are emailing us, please make sure to include your full name and Millersville ID number in your email. Due to a high-volume of emails and calls, you may experience longer than normal wait times. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate during these unprecedented times!
email us call us
Fall & Spring Housing:
If you opted out of the dorms for the fall and/or spring semesters, you most likely need to complete a Housing Status Form for our office. Please check your Financial Aid Requirements to see if this has been requested from you. If you see this requirement on your account, please complete the Housing Form as soon as possible to avoid further delays to your financial aid payment.
HOUSING STATUS FORM
Now that the drop/add period has ended for the fall semester, if your current enrollment is different from the anticipated enrollment we had listed for you in your MAX account, your account will be under review before your financial aid can disburse. Theis review is to ensure your enrollment, cost of attendance, and financial aid are accurate. Please allow processing time for this to be reviewed by a financial aid counselor.
If you need to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor, we are available via phone and Zoom appointments. To schedule an appointment:
- Please email us and make sure to change your subject line to "Request for Appointment". Don't forget to include in your email:
- Your Millersville ID number
- Your questions/reason for appointment
- Phone number to be reached at
- Preferred method of appointment (phone or Zoom)
- Dates and times you are available for an appointment
Other Important Reminders:
- To view your financial aid outstanding requirements, log in to your myVILLE Student Portal/MAX Account and click on the Financial Aid tab.
- If you have not completed your FAFSA application for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year, please go studentaid.gov to apply now using our school code: 003325.
- To be considered for PA State Grant, your FAFSA must have been completed prior to May 15, 2020.
Please browse the Financial Aid website for more information.