CARES Relief Fund
The CARES Relief Fund is intended for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student's cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, etc.).
Millersville University has had three rounds of funding: CARES 1 Relief Fund, as was established by the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund - CARES Act of 2020 and CARES 2 Relief Fund, as was established by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) of 2021, and the CARES 3 Relief Fund was established as part of the American Rescue Plan (ARP).
Thank you for your interest in the CARES Relief Fund.
- Applications for the CARES 3 Relief Fund have been closed.
- Applications for the CARES 2 Relief Fund have been closed.
- Applications for the CARES 1 Relief Fund have been closed.
If you are in need of additional assistance, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 717-871-5100 to speak with someone Monday-Friday from 8am to 6pm; or stop by our office on Monday - Friday between 9am and 4pm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Am I guaranteed additional money if I fill out an application?
- If I applied for CARES 1 and/or 2, do I need to apply for CARES 3?
- If I wasn't awarded from CARES 1 and/or 2 can I recieve CARES 3?
- Is there a deadline to apply for CARES 3?
- How long will it take form my application to be reviewed?
- Can my CARES award be applied to my bill?
- How long will it take to receive the funds?
Am I guaranteed additional money if I fill out an application?
The Office of Financial Aid will continue to award students who meet all the required eligibility requirements, until the available funds received from the Department of Education have been depleted.
If I applied for CARES 1 and/or 2, do I need to apply for CARES 3?
YES. Eligibility for CARES 3 can only be determined once we have a CARES 3 Relief Fund application on file. Previous applications will not be used for consideration.
If I wasn't awarded from CARES 1 and/or 2 can I recieve CARES 3?
Yes, so long as you meet the eligibility requirements and there are funds remaining.
Is there a deadline to apply for CARES 3?
NO. However, awards are on a first come, first served basis. Do not hesitate and apply today!
How long will it take form my application to be reviewed?
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received. You can view your application status in your MAX account under your Financial Aid requirements. You will receive an email to your Millersville email address if you have been awarded.
Can my CARES award be applied to my bill?
With permission, yes!
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: There is a section on the application where you can indicate that, if awarded, you want the funds applied to your bill first, then be refunded if there is anything remaining. If you do not indicate this on the application, the money will go directly to you without paying any balance. This cannot be changed after submitting the application.
How long will it take to receive the funds?
Once you have received an email regarding your award, please allow 5-7 business days for the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) to process your fund.
For students signed up for Direct Deposit:
- Refunds will appear in your bank account on file within 3-5 business days from the date your refund is processed with OSA.
For students not signed up for Direct Deposit:
- Refunds will be mailed to your home address on file and can take up to two weeks to be received.
To ensure that funds reach you as quickly as possible, please make sure to sign up for Direct Deposit. If you have already signed up, log in to your account to make sure your information is correct.