Procedures For Ordering a Transcript
Notice of Transcript Fee
There is a $10 fee per transcript ordered directly from the Registrar's Office or in person. The fee may be paid with check or money order (payable to Millersville University), by mail or in person. Fax requests will no longer be able to be processed. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity.
Electronic requests (via options 1 or 2 below) are $7.55 per transcript payable online. You may request a pick-up or mailed transcript through the electronic options (1 or 2) below.
End of Term and Holiday Processing
ATTENTION STUDENTS WHO ARE REGISTERED FOR FALL
December 10-21: Fall Grades Processing is underway. As instructors submit grades, your preliminary grades may not appear on your transcripts until 2-3 business days after it has been submitted. Your GPA and any repeated courses will not be finalized until the end of grades processing at 4:30 pm on Friday, December 21. Please indicate on requests if transcripts should be held for final grades, if so, they will be sent after grades are finalized on December 21. If you do not indicate to hold the transcript, it will be sent immediately and your fall grades and GPA may not be fully processed.
OFFICE CLOSED DECEMBER 25, 2018-JANUARY 1, 2019
The Registrar's Office and the University will be closed December 25-January 1. If you have a request for transcript to be mailed, please submit no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, December 21 in order for it to be mailed prior to the holiday closure. Requests submitted after this time may not be released until we re-open on January 2, 2019.
Options for Ordering a Transcript
The confidentiality of and access to student academic records at Millersville University is administered under the provisions act of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended, commonly known as the "Buckley Amendment."
Principle among the FERPA provisions is that the release of a student's record must be authorized by signature of the student. (For additional detailed information concerning FERPA, see "Annual Notification of Student Rights Under FERPA").
You may request a copy of your Millersville transcript (includes all graduate and undergraduate courses) in one of the following ways. Note that even if your request is made electronically, it may be selected for pick-up or mail:
1. FOR CURRENT STUDENTS: Click the link below to login to MAX to request your official transcripts.
2. Millersville University has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the TranscriptsPlus icon below to enter your order. If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
3. You may mail your request to the Registrar's Office. For your convenience, a printable form (PDF) is available to use when requesting that your transcript be mailed. If you choose to prepare your own letter instead, please click here for detailed instructions.
4. In person at the Registrar's Office, Lyle Hall. Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity.
- On demand transcripts are also available at a cost of $10 per transcript, payable by check or money order to Millersville University.
- Your cooperation in providing all requested information and allowing for 3 to 5 business days to process your request is appreciated. Due to the volume of requests during the first and last weeks of the semester, processing time may be longer. We will make every effort to meet deadlines for receipt of transcripts.
- To pick up a transcript, you must show a valid photo identification card.
- To drop off a transcript request, you must show a valid photo identification card. Requests can only be accepted from the student whose record is being requested.
- We cannot fax or email your transcripts from the Registrar's Office. Electronic service must be requested through Credentials, Inc.
- If you have questions, contact the Transcript Office.