Procedures For Ordering a Transcript
Notice of Transcript Fee
There is a $10 fee per transcript ordered directly from the Registrar's Office or in person. The fee may be paid with check or money order (payable to Millersville University), by mail or in person. Fax requests will no longer be able to be processed. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity.
Electronic requests (via options 1 or 2 below) are $7.55 per transcript payable online. You may request a pick-up or mailed transcript through the electronic options (1 or 2) below.
Walk-in Transcripts Unavailable
Due to our limited in-office staffing, we are unable to offer walk-in or pick-up transcript service at this time. Additionally, overnight mail service (FedEx) is not available. You may still request transcripts electronically to be processed for electronic or standard mail delivery at this time.
Please note that our office staffing is very limited so mailed transcript requests will be delayed. You can expect it to take 5-7 business days from the time your request is received for us to physically mail your transcript.
Electronic requests are processed within 2 business days of authorization/approval of your request, oftentimes even faster.
We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be able to return to serve you in person again soon!
Options for Ordering a Transcript
The confidentiality of and access to student academic records at Millersville University is administered under the provisions act of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended, commonly known as the "Buckley Amendment."
Principle among the FERPA provisions is that the release of a student's record must be authorized by signature of the student. (For additional detailed information concerning FERPA, see "Annual Notification of Student Rights Under FERPA").
You may request a copy of your Millersville transcript (includes all graduate and undergraduate courses) in one of the following ways.
Note that even if your request is made electronically, it may be selected for mail (pick up is not presently available). Mail orders may be delayed due to office access at this time, you can expect a mailed request to send within 7-10 business days of your order:
1. Millersville University has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please click on the TranscriptsPlus icon below to enter your order. If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
2. FOR CURRENT STUDENTS: Click the link below to login to MAX to request your official transcripts.
3. You may mail your request to the Registrar's Office. For your convenience, a printable form (PDF) is available to use when requesting that your transcript be mailed. If you choose to prepare your own letter instead, please click here for detailed instructions.
4. This option is not currently available. In person at the Registrar's Office, Lyle Hall. In person requests must be made by the student whose record is being requested and photo ID is required to verify identity. On demand transcripts are also available at a cost of $10 per transcript, payable by check or money order to Millersville University.
- Your cooperation in providing all requested information and allowing for 3 to 5 business days to process your request is appreciated. Mailed requests at this time may take 7-10 business days to process. Due to the volume of requests during the first and last weeks of the semester, processing time may be longer. We will make every effort to meet deadlines for receipt of transcripts.
- To pick up a transcript, you must show a valid photo identification card.
- To drop off a transcript request, you must show a valid photo identification card. Requests can only be accepted from the student whose record is being requested.
- We cannot fax or email your transcripts from the Registrar's Office. Electronic service must be requested through Credentials, Inc.
- If you have questions, contact the Transcript Office.
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Lyle Hall, 1st Floor
Due to COVID-19 and recommendations from the state, our office is open with limited, rotating staff each week. If you plan to visit our office, you must wear a mask and please check in using the COVID-19 screening feature in the LiveSafe App. We will ask that all visitors adhere to campus COVID-19 policies regarding masks and physical distancing.
We are also here for you virtually during office hours, for best response, please connect with us via Email:
Phone: 717-871-5005 (Tuesday and Thursday 9 am to 3 pm)
Virtual Office Hours (Email): Mon. - Fri. 8am to 4pm
Limited Staff Physical Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 9 am to 3 pm