Advisement and Changing Curriculum

Advisement Before Registration

Advisement is required for all undergraduate students. Well in advance of your registration time, meet with your adviser to discuss your degree program and course selection options, as well as any other concerns you may have. Your advisor will provide you with your TAP number which you will need for registration. After you register for classes, be sure to review My MarAUDIT to see how your courses will meet the requirements of your program.

Changing Your Curriculum (Adding or Dropping Major/Minor)

If you plan to change your curriculum (Degree, Major, Option or Minor), you must submit an approved Academic Program Change Request (formerly called Academic Major Form and Academic Minor Form).

The request form is NOW AVAILABLE IN MAX!

Academic Program Change Request

The form requires the approvals of advisor and/or department chairperson depending on the case. So, we recommend speaking with them before submitting the form.

If you delay in filing this form, your major change may not be processed in time for your registration appointment time, and you may not be able to register for courses restricted to your new major. The deadline to submit changes for any given advisement period is on the academic calendar. If you submit the form to the Registrar's Office after the posted date, the change can still be processed, but you may need overrides in time for your registration appointment.


Questions About My MarAUDIT

If you have questions about your MarAUDIT, or you think there might be errors or discrepancies, contact one of the offices listed below for further assistance:

  • For curricular questions about the major, minor, or general education requirements, and any questions regarding initiating an exception to graduation or academic major or minor form, contact your advisor or the chairperson of your major department.
  • Contact the Registrar's Office for questions concerning transfer courses, Millersville courses and grades, in-progress courses or a submitted exception to graduation or academic major or minor form.

What-If Degree Audits

A 'What-If' audit allows you and your adviser to see the effects of changing a major or option, declaring a major, or adding or changing a minor before officially changing your record. If you are undecided about a major, the what-if audit is a useful tool to try out different majors and see how your courses will meet the requirements for those programs.

'What-If' audits are best used for single majors, with multiple concentrations or minors. 

'What-If' audits can be run for multiple majors within a degree program (for example: Psychology and Sociology since both majors are Bachelor of Arts)

'What-If' audits can't be run for multiple degrees (for example: a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Biology).  Separate What-If audits would need to be run for each degree/major in this case.

For multiple majors or multiple degrees, some requirements may alter slightly when your record is officially changed.  For example, a major in Geography requires a minor to be declared which is waived if you have a second major.  The 'What-If' audit is unable to recognize that you have declared multiple majors, so it will not waive the minor requirement.