Instructions for Application
As of Fall 2022, the Millersville University Representative Council will be responsible for reviewing and voting on nominations for Faculty Emeritus status. APSCUF and Management are currently working on a more thorough, updated policy for Faculty Emeritus nominations. For now, the following procedure should be followed:
- Required information
- Name of faculty member
- Number of years faculty member has served
- Four to five accomplishments of the faculty member supporting their nomination
- Formatting requirements
- One page maximum in length using 12-pt font and one-inch margins. A template can be found here.
- Nominations should be submitted to the Representative Council (APSCUF-MU@millersville.edu) by the nominating department. The Council will vote on each nomination. A simple majority will constitute a recommendation to the Council of Trustees.
- Nominations that receive a majority of “yes” votes will be sent to the Provost’s Office. The Provost will submit these recommendations to the President, who will submit them to the Council of Trustees. The Council will then vote on the granting of Emeritus status.
 Nominations not conforming to these guidelines will be returned to the submitting Representative for revision.