Turning 21, Now What?
21st Birthday Safety Tips
The 21st birthday is a major celebration for college students. Students may partake in heavy drinking during this celebration, but it is important to understand the safety tips below when celebrating. Remember, you do not have to drink on your birthday if you don't want to!
- Drink only if YOU want to, don't let others dictate your choice
- Be sure to drink water and eat food both before and during your birthday celebration
- Pace yourself to one alcoholic drink or less per hour
- Alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Never leave your group, or let anyone who was drinking alcohol leave your group
- Have a plan to get home safely
For more 21st Birthday safety tips and to read about responsible drinking click here
Read about the long term dangers of heavy drinking on your 21st birthday by clicking here
Read about the dangers of binge drinking on your 21st birthday and Jesse Drew's story by clicking here