Grow with Google Career Certificates
Developing talent for in-demand jobs
Millersville University partners with Google to offer nine Career Certificates.
Looking for an easy way to enhance your resume? These certificates will help you to establish yourself as an outstanding candidate when you're ready for the job market and give you an edge as a tech-savvy consumer with insider knowledge and training from the professionals at Google.
“My degree in Statistics laid a strong foundation into the career I wanted to do but many of the job postings in data analytics require experience in programming tools like SQL, Python, and R. The Google Data Analytics Certificate transformed my path by giving me the opportunity of learning the skills and technologies that many employers utilize today. Pairing the Google Career Certificates with college majors opens doors and opportunities to help students pursue their dream jobs.”- Emily Dunn, Millersville Alumna
Google Career Certificates
- IT Support Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- IT Automation with Python Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Project Management Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Data Analytics Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- UX Design Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Digital Marketing & E-commerce Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Cybersecurity Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Advanced Data Analytics Key Competencies and Job Mapping
- Business Intelligence Key Competencies and Job Mapping
IT Support Key Competencies and Job Mapping
Program graduates will:
- Understand core concepts to all IT Support jobs, including troubleshooting, customer service, networking, system administration, operating systems and security.
- Know how to assemble a computer, write effective support documentation, route paths and subnets, manage device software and more.
- Dive into working with Linux, Cloud Computing and Command-Line Interfaces.
IT Automation with Python Key Competencies and Job Mapping
Program graduates will:
- Learn how to program with Python with no previous knowledge of coding required and you’ll use Python to automate common system administration tasks
- Learn to use Git and GitHub, to troubleshoot and debug complex problems
- Apply automation at scale by using configuration management and the Cloud
- Practice your technical skills with hands-on projects including a capstone project where you’ll use your new knowledge to solve a real-world IT problem
Project Management Key Competencies and Job Mapping
Program graduates will:
- Know how to manage and run agile and traditional projects & programs from initiation to completion.
- Possess a toolbox of templates and artifacts to manage an array of scenarios and essential elements (e.g. schedules, budgets, requirements, etc.).
- Understand organizational structure, business processes, effective communication and leadership styles.
Data Analytics Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Have working knowledge of essential data analysis platforms (spreadsheets, SQL, Tableau, R programming) and when to use them in the data lifecycle.
- Understand how to translate a business question into a data analysis exercise, including transforming, visualizing and modeling data.
- Know how to distill findings into actionable takeaways.
- Have the opportunity to complete a capstone project to be shared on their resume or added to their portfolio to showcase their skills to hiring partners.
UX Design Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Have a portfolio website that includes 3 end-to-end projects: a mobile app, a responsive website, and a cross-platform experience
- Dive into working in Figma and Adobe XD, two of the most in-demand design tools by employers.
- Know how to follow the design process: empathize with users, define pain points, ideate solutions, create wireframes and prototypes, test and iterate on designs.
- Understand the basics of UX research, like planning research studies, conducting interviews and usability studies, and synthesizing research results.
Digital Marketing & E-commerce Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Learn the fundamentals of digital marketing and e-commerce, including email marketing, marketing analytics & measurement, SEO / SEM, reaching customers & selling online, and building customer loyalty.
- Apply digital marketing and e-commerce skills to help businesses grow their online presence and sales.
- Get hands-on practice using popular digital marketing and e-commerce tools, such as Canva, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, HubSpot, MailChimp, Shopify, Twitter, Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Construct artifacts that can be gathered into a portfolio to show to potential employers.
Cybersecurity Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Understand the importance of cybersecurity practices and their impact for organizations.
- Identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as techniques to mitigate them.
- Gain hands-on experience with Python, Linux, and SQL.
- Protect networks, devices, people, and data from unauthorized access and cyber attacks using Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and network protocol analyzers (packet sniffing).
Advanced Data Analytics Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Explore the roles of data professionals within an organization
- Create data visualizations and apply statistical methodsto investigate data
- Build regression and machine learning models to analyze and interpret data
- Communicate insights from data analysis to stakeholders
Business Intelligence Key Competencies and Job MappingProgram graduates will:Back to top
- Explore the roles of business intelligence (BI) professionals within an organization
- Practice data modeling and extract, transform, load (ETL) processes that meet organizational goals
- Design data visualizations that answer business questions
- Create dashboards that effectively communicate data insights to stakeholders
Millersville University Press Release:
Governor Shapiro Announces New Partnership with Google