Clery Fire Safety Information
Annual Fire Safety Report - Fire Log
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR)
Click here for the most current ASFSR.
Emergency Response and Evacuation
Click here for a list of Annual Emergency Response Testing and Evaluations.
Click here for a description of the MU Emergency Communication System/Process/Testing.
Click here for documentation of Emergency Response Testing and Evaluation.
Click here for information on Emergency Response and Evacuation Confirmation, Segmentation and Content Development.
Fire Safety Systems
Please click on any of the following Millersville University or Student Loding Inc. on-campus student housing facilities for a detailed description of the fire safety systems for each building.
Comment - The student housing buildings below have been demolished:
Burrowes Hall - Demo Summer 2014 (Replaced with South & West Villages)
Diehm Hall - Demo Summer 2015 (Replaced with West Villages) Harbold Hall - Demo Summer 2015 (Replaced with West Villages) Hobbs Hall - Demo Summer 2014 (Replaced with East Villages) Hull Hall - Demo Summer 2015 (Replaced with East Villages) Gaige Hall - Demo Summer 2016 (Replaced with pen grass area) Lenhardt Hall - Demo Summer 2014 (Replaced with South & East Villages) Comment - Bard Hall and Gilbert Hall are vacated and only used as overflow student housing on an as needed basis.
Fire Safety Policies
Click here for MU Student Code of Conduct (Most recent)
Contacts - Reporting a Fire
Dial 911 University Police: 911 or 3-911 or #717-871-4357 Millersville Borough Police: 911 or #717-872-4657 Blue Rock Fire Rescue (Millersville Borough Fire Department): 911 or #717-872-9345 Millersville University Housing & Residential Programs: Scott Helfrich Director #717-871-4200 Scott.Helfrich@millersville.edu
Student Services Inc: Jon Eckroat Complex Manager - Brookwood Apartments #717-872-4611 firstname.lastname@example.org
Geoff Beers Chief Operating Officer #717-871-5898 email@example.com
Facilities Management - Millersville University: #717-871-7875
Future Improvements to Fire Safety
Click here for information on any planned improvements to campus housing facilities related to fire safety
Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) office provides the Millersville University Community with a variety of fire safety and fire protection services.
Important Fire Safety Information
- How to safely evacuate a building
- Information on building evacuation procedures for those with disabilities
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- Fire, Police, Ambulance, Medical Emergency - dial 911
- Non-Emergency Medical Care (MU Health Services)- dial 871-5250
- Millersville University Police - dial 871-4357
- Millersville University Facilities Operations - dial 871-7874 or 871-7875
- Millersville University Environmental Health & Safety - dial 871-4950
- The Millersville University Fire Safety Program can be found here.
- Part 1(pdf)
- Part 2 (pdf)
- Fire safety provisions of the Student Code of Conduct (for those residing in MU housing) can be found here.
Inspections and Audits
- Conduct building and facility inspections for fire safety compliance.
- Work with appropriate department/school/office to take corrective action to remedy fire safety hazards
Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Assist University Police in preparing annual fire safety statistics for inclusion into the MU Cleary Act report